Part One: June-41

“So..” Hunter said, still not looking at me, “How’s the watch working?”

            “Oh,” I looked down at the pink thing around my wrist. Truthfully, I had forgotton about it. Looking around at the other campers, sweating as they made their way up the dirt road to the large group of people by the stage, I realized it must have been almost 100 degrees out side. Suddenly I felt extremely thankful for my cool, un-sticky skin. “It’s working wonderfully.”

            “Good.” He nodded and glanced at me, before looking away and blushing.

            He hadn’t held my gaze since I walked out of the cabin. At first, I was grateful because I was blushing too. But, now, I was starting to get irrated. He’d have to look at me sometime.

            “So..” He shoved his hands into his jean pockets. “About this-“

            “Oh, Hunter!” A voice rang sweetly over to us. We both turned around to see Cassidy, walking towards us like she was dancing. I couldn’t help but glare at her for looking so perfect in her tight tank top, raggedy converse, and slightly baggy capris. Her half hoode eyes briefly glanced at me before returning to Hunter’s mismatched ones. “My mother wants to talk to us. Riley can escourt herself. She was there yesterday anyways.”

            “Uh, yeah,” He started walking towards her before pausing, looking bak me with a small smile on his face and slightly pink cheeks. “Good luck on your tests Ri.”

            “Thank you.” I turned around and frowned. Something in my heart burned as I narrowed my eyes on the flag pole behind the stage.

            “Wow, you look…angry.”

            I turned to see Zoey beside me.

            “Oh, Hi Zoe” I blinked and shook my head a little before smiling. My hands, which I had gripped into tight fists with out realizing it, loosened.

            “Yeah, hi to you too, Riley.” She raised an eyebrow. “But, I never expected you to look so scary when you’re angry. You’re so just so….nice.”

            “Huh, yeah.” I blushed and looked to my right. I immeadieatly set my eyes on Missy, who was walking between Jade and Dasha, right towards us.”What have they been up to?”

            “Nothing….just breakfast.” Zoe linked her arm through mine. “You woke up so late they decieded to leave and let me wake you.”

            Now, yes, I did wake up late. Yes, I didn’t eat breakfast. And yes, Jade was currently sipping a can of apple juice they sell in the cafeteria as she walked. But some thing in my gut told me they were up to something more.

            I felt a twinge of annoyance when I thought of how many things I didn’t know. Back in Ridgewell, with the exception of Seth, I knew how every singe person acted, would react, and what they were most likely thinking. Here, though, it seems I know nothing and everyone else can see right through me.

            “Earth to Riley.” Zoe waved one of her long arms in front of my face. “now is no time to space out. It’s time for your field agent exam!”

            “Oh, yeah.”

            “Did something happen I should know about?” She tilted her head and frowned.

            “Funny, I feel like asking that to everyone here.” I grumbled and tucked my bangs behind my ear.

            “Geeze,” She crossed her arms and stuck her nose in the air. “Somebody is PMSing today.”

            I ignored her comment and turned to my other cabin mates, who were now only a few yards away.

            “Sorry, Zoe.” I sighed. “I’ll tell you about it later.”

            “I forgive you!” She threw her arms around me and squeezed. “Good luck on your test!”

            “Wait, where are you going?” I asked as she began walking the remaining distance to the reast of our cabin. They stood still, not coming any closer. Jade looked to her twin and flicked her head.

            “I-we…” She looked around. “I have a big mouth about certain things but I made a promise so…..stop asking me!”

            She quickly turned away from me grabbed Jade’s hand, sragging her away. Dasha and Missy followed as I stood dumbfounded. What in the world was wrong with Zoe today? And what was she planning?

            “Attention campers” I turned to watch Dean James stanging behind the podium in the middle of the stage. “Are you ready for your next exam and your summer as a spy?”

            No. I suddenly thought. No, I was not ready to be a spy. Maybe casper was right. Maybe I don’t have to be a bad a**. Maybe I am supposed to be weak.

            “Now, the campers with last names beginning with a through m, please follow the green and red team captains.” The Dean gestured to her left. Then to her right. “The yellow and blue team captains will be escorting those campers with the last names beginning with n-z.

            Hunter had one hand around her shoulders and Cassidy slipped her had around his waist, smiling right at me.

            Alright, I’m ready to be a bad a** now.

*

*

*

UGH! I feel like this sucks so bad. For one my spell check isn't functioning properly and two I think Bad A** is in a real need of editing but again, I don't want to edit it until it is finished. Now, whether I should edit after part one or after it is comepletely done may be up to you ....

bye