Part One: June-27

Deep breath, stay calm. Just like Hunter told me.

            I opened up the manilla folder. It had the man’s name, LeFron, and a picture of him. It had his age and a few of his faimily members and their locations. Sitting down at the computer desk, I decided to try to track him the obvious way first. I googled him.

            He was a famous Tennis player wanted by the french government for incinerating multiple librarys. What a weirdo. There was nothing else there, but it did have his mothers name and phone number on another web site.

            There was an itch in my mind, a head ache forming. I slapped the palm of my hand to my forehead and groaned. Definitly not the time for this.

            “See?” A deep voice chuckled behind me, “You can easily retrieve a number by using a known number. Simlpy hack into the phone you know the number to and look in the person’s contact list. The computer can do it, you just have to remember the steps.”

            “Oh!” a giggle spilled in my mouth, “So we can find Hannah’s number by going through Noah’s!”

            “Now you’re getting it Riley!” The voice boomed as a hand ran over my hair.

            I gasped as my migrane slipped away and I was left looking at a black screen full of green numbers. They dissapeared and new charaters formed words, blinking across the screen. Location found. It gave the address as well, the man was in New Erised, a place my mother use to go with my father to pick apples in the summer.

            I don’t remember searching for him, but I shouldn’t question good things. Another sigh and I was to m next task, figuring out what the Lefron man was up to. This is a spy facilitie, don’t we have satilites? Quickly, I searched the computer for any satilite connections and I at last found one. When I clicked on it, seven computer screens moved and formed one large one. The key board flipped over and a new control board emerged, one with control stick.

            When the earth appeared in view on the screen, a slight buzzing noise started. An oval object, similat to binoculars and atatched to a pole, decended in front of me. A white ray jumped out and scanned my eyes.

            “Riley Preston,” A female robotic voice echoed around me, “Accepted. What is the location you wish to view today?”

            “Uh..” I looked around and then said the adress they gave me in New Erised earlier. The  screen zoomed in closer to the earth, a red box zoning in on the location. Soon I was looking at a pretty cabin with people all about. The veiw went closer to the window. And there, sitting on a  bed, was Lefron on his lab top. “I wonder if I could see what he is looking at?”

            “Hacking into computer” The robotic women stated, listing to my thoughts. One of the screens on the door pushed itself into my veiw and I watched as a normal word document appeared. An arrow minamized the document and picked up another one. This was a program I had yet to see before. It...It looked like a bomb.

            “AH!” I yelped, jumping from the spinny chair. “He plans to blow up the entire town!?!?!?”

            I had to stop the bomb, but the mouse wasn’t controled by my computer. Using voice commands, I attempted to get the computer to let me control, but that apparently was too difficult. It sent me into manual. Starring at the numbers, slowly falling down, I realized something very inportant.

            I have no idea what I am doing.

            But, I can’t let all of these people die! They’re counting on me even if they don’t know it yet. It would be my fault if the bomb expoldes.

            And again, I have no idea what I am doing, but I have to try anyways. For the people of New Erised. I began to press random butttons. Nothing was working.

            Then I pressed a few numbers on a key pad.

            “Knock out gas initiated. Please put on your mask, Riley.” The computers voice commanded.

            “What!?” I yelped before everything went black.