Part One: June-38

“I think they’re gone,” I said, looking over to the squirrel. After he slipped back to the surface, I scrambled out and brushed myself off. In a really bad need of a shower, I started making my way through the woods.

            “Riley?”

            My eyes widened and I turned around gapeing like a fish.

            “Derek?” I tilted my head. He didn’t fit in this setting. “What are you doing here?”

            It wasn’t Hunter’s Derek, it was Derek Jentz from my high school. He ran or the boys track and I would see him at meetings. He also played soccer and was in a few of my classes. After graduating, the yearbook said he was going to become an engineer.  He barely talked to me, but...I never got a spy vibe from him.

            “I should be asking you that,” He smiled and looked around the woods. “Are you lost?”

            “Wait.” I looked at him in the eye, “You go to camp here too?”

            “Yeah,” He smiled, “Seven years. So, you got accepted?”

            “Yes,” I smiled, “I didn’t know you were a spy.”

            “Then I guess I’m doing my job,” He refocused his green eyes to the line of trees at the forests edge. “Are you heading back to your cabin? It’s getting late, almost curfew for first years.”

            “Sure, I’m in cabin four,” I frowned, “What team are you on?”

            “Blue” He tensed up a little, “You?”

            “Blue,” I laughed, “Okay, you’re trustworthy now.”

            “Thankyou,” He smiled wide and started walking to the forest edge. My steps were in time beside his. “That means alot to a spy.”

            “It can’t be that big of a deal,” I looked up at him. His tan arm bumped into mine.

            “You know,” He lifted his eyebrows, letting them get lost in his long coffe colored hair. “You were always my crush in high school.”

            I blushed a little. That was...straight forward.

            “Riley!”

            I whipped my head to my cabin to see Missy and Zoe waving there hands trying to get my attention. My head was trying to judge weather they were saving me from the embarassment of not knowing what to say, or ruining a chance with a hot soccer player.

            “Oh,” I starred at the two, they waved like maniacs, “I guess I have to go.”

            Before he could say anything, I ran all the remaining distance to my cabin. When I followed the two girls up the steps and throught the door, I came face to face with Dasha.

            She sat at the head of the small table, emphisizing her role as leader, boss. She had a serious faced Jade on her left. Missy, biting her lip nervously, sat on her right. Zoe skipped over and sat next to Missy.

            “I think it’s time for a debreifing.” Dasha frowned. “Sit down.”