Part One: June-34

An hour later and the game was still going on, I was still just laying there. On the other side, Kyle and Dereck Layed lifelessly on the floor. A few turns ago, Dasha tricked Sam and got him out as well. That just left Hannah and Jed.

            On our side, Jade was curled up in the sand. Missy, whose glasses, I’ve learned, could see the traps, sacrificed herself to protect me from another one of Hannah’s dirty shots. Zoe had a small cut on her arm from an earlier expotion, but other then that, she was just fine. Dasha never moved from her spot, she stood still and sent back every ball in her reach. A few times, the ball itself would be thrown and then she would let the ball hit and explode right beside her. Because of this technique, she was covered in cuts.

            “I’ll serve,” Jed said, and took a ball from the rack that was now next to him. “The score is twenty four to twenty three, us.”

            He threw the ball into the air and elbowed it hard, I saw it go right over me and towarda Zoe. I looked as far up as I could and saw Zoe, just as she dropped out to the floor.

            “Sleeping gas. Another man down,” Jed nodded, a little hurt in his eyes, “Another point.”

            The rack moved down the wall toward Dasha who gritted her teeth. She took a ball, and with out another word, tossed it into the air and turned to her side. She kicked the ball and next thing I knew, Jed layded on the floor, his face covered in blood.

            “Another man down,” Dasha said cooly, unphased by the fact she just knocked the guy out just by having the ball hit his face. “Another point. Your serve.”

            “Whatever,” Hannah grumbled and waited for the rack to move to her side. When it did, she picked up a ball and smacked it towards me once again. I looked to Dasha, her eyes empty but her fists clenched.

            I don’t think she’ll save me. Quickly, I inhaled a small breath and shut my eyes tight. Waiting for the impact of the ball and the explotion. I herd the thump of the volley ball and no explotion. Slowly, I opened my eyes and turned my head ever so slightly. There, next to the red volleyball, was a familiar black boot. Dasha.

            “Your point my serve,” She hissed and took the ball, then she threw it to the other side of Hannah. Scoring a point. “Twenty six to twenty five. Your serve.”

            “My pleasure.” Hannah took the ball and threw it to Dasha, who pushed her arm out, letting the hard part of her lower palm smack the ball back, where it exploded on the ground. “How did you hit it with out setting off the sensor?”

            “Special technique.” Dasha shrugged, then took the ball “Now excuse me, I’m tired of this game.”

            She placed the ball between her feet and twisted it so it popped up. She jugled it on her knees better then any soccer played before kicking it over. Hannah tried to move, but the ball was too fast and it hit her on the side of her head. It knocked her out cold.

            “Cabin four wins, all traps off,” Dasha said out loud. A blue line of light ran over the field, and then she walked over to me, “Get up, the bombs are off.”

            “Thank you,” I smiled at her as I stood up, slowly to make sure nothing was going to explode. “For saving me, I mean.”

            “I didn’t do that to save you,” She rolled her eyes, picking up her boot and balancing on one foot to put it back on, “I did it because the explotion would be too close to Missy and Zoe. Now make your self usefull and go call for the nurse. I’ll make sure my team is okay.”

            I nodded as the red collums rose again. But how can I not feel a little left out when she clearly said My team instead of our team? Nevertheless, I climbed the ladder on the red pillar and jumped off of it to the ledge., I scrambled out the door, up the stairs, and into the crowd in hopes of finding someone who knew where the nurses office was.

            I took off the heels, feeling a little stupid for not taking them off before I started playing. Putting the heels on the table, I noticed a small watch occupying it. It was black with a pink trim, the hands were pink as well.

            “That’s yours,” a chuckle came from behind me, “Perry made that watch just for you.”

            “Thanks,” I smiled and turned to Hunter, “And, do you know where the Nurse’s office is?”

            “How’d you get hurt?” He frowned and lifted one of his hands to my face. His thumb brushed my right cheek and a stinging feeling followed. Oh, right, I was cut.

            “Volley ball,” I said, “But I’m not as hurt as the others. I need the nurse for them.”

            “Okay,” He nodded, “I’ll get the nurse. Who else isn’t knocked out?”

            “Dasha...” I thought of her moves, her composure, her everything. She was a bad a**. And, maybe she did care for me a little, standing up for me. She did call me a team mate the first time Hannah threw a ball at me.

            “Figures,” Hunter muttered, “That demon child would be there. Okay, so stay here and since the other’s might not be back in time...do you want me to sit with you at lunch?”

            “I would love you too,” I smiled.

            “Nice,” He grinned, “So, I’ll get her, can you find Casper for me?”

            “Sure,” I nodded. He ruffled my hair and I watchd him walk away.

            Now, where could Casper have gone to? He can’t be that hard to find.