Part One: June-9

It only felt like a few minutes when I awoke again. A dark figure stood above me, I almost screamed, but my mouth was covered and the two fixed points came into view. They immeadiately calmed me down, enough for him to remove his hand from my mouth.

“Riley, can I sleep woth you?”

“What? I thought you said I got my own bed?”

“I did, but that’s ‘cause I was going to sleep on the floor. But the place has roaches.”

I swallowed the lump in my throat and nervously glanced around the room. I shuddered at the thought of bugs crawling over me. I noticed Perry snoring in the bed beside us.

“Why can’t you sleep with Perry?”

“Because he kicks.”

“Oh,” I said, trying to think of an exuse or an alternetive bed.

“Please Riley?” He begged, “I promise to stay on my side and I won’t be under the sheets so we can’t even touch. Don’t make me sleep with roaches.”

I sighed, wanting to go to sleep and at the same time not wanting to see him with bugs crawling on his face. I moved over and patted the bed, giving him my mercy and the left side of the matress.

“Thanks,” He said as he fell into the blankets, obviously drained from the day.

I wanted to go to sleep. However, the second he climbed into the bed, my body was jolted with electricikty. All over I grew stiff and tense, too aware of the boy a mere inches beside me. My eyes were wide open and all I could think about was the thin sheet between Hunter and me. I don’t think I could sleep anymore tonight.