Part One: June-7

Akward silences really make your skin crawl, it sends a little message to your brain. The message? Leave before you could be hurt by the unstoppable force of a jealous teenage boy.

            In other words, the time between Lorianna giving us drinks and bringing us our food was full of glaring and silence. Ryan tried to break the awkwardness in the air, but it was stronger then his lame comments.

            Which is exactly as I wanted it.

            “Hey boys!” Lorianna squeled as she set the meals down, “and you.”

            “Thank you Lorianna” I winked at her. No, she isn’t clued in on the plan. That was a flirty wink. She recognized it and hers eyes widened, she squeked and scurried into the kitchen.

            “Did-did you just wink at the waitress?”Seth asked, mouth open.

            “She is kind of hot, I guess” I shrugged, “I think im only attracted to her for being hard to get…well, easy for you hard for me.”

            “Sweets,” Hunter said, shaking his head, “I think he is shocked because he didn’t know you were bi.”

            “Oh,” I said, turning back to Seth, “Now you know.”

            “Yeah I guess I do,” he shook his head and then picked up his fork. He stabbed it into the pasta and twirled.

            “Hey,” I smiled, “I’ll trade you a french fry for a meat ball.”

            “Are you in fith grade now or something?” He shook he head.

            “I’ll trade you a pickle for the french fry!” I turned around to see Hunter with a baby dill in his hand.

            “I would love to!” I smiled, why was Seth being so moody towards me? That is not what is supposed to be happening!

            “Open wide,” Hunter smiled darkly, I opened my mouth and he fed me the pickle.

            “And your french fry sir?” I giggled, feeding him the french fry.

            Seth coughed behind me, I turned to face  him.

            “Would you like the meat ball now?” He questioned, “I don’t eat them anyways so I don’t need the french fries.”

            I opened my mouth wide and he speared a meat ball with his fork. He lifted it to my lips so I could blow on it. When  it seemed cool enough, I took a big bite out of the meat ball. Yummy.

            “hey Riley,” Hunter smiled while glaring at Seth, “Can I talk to you for a sec?”

            “O-of course,” I stuttered. What was he doing?

            He stood up and I followed him, he turned the corner that led to the restrooms and turned to face me. His face was no longer angry, but it showed confusion.

            “Can I ask who Seth and Ryan are?” He asked, “And why you are pretending I am your boy friend?”

            “Well,” I sighed, “They are two guys from my school and-“

            “You wanted to look cool?” He crossed his arms and I nodded, “I know how you feel. I have been in the camp program since I was eleven and people still think I am some sort of hick. So many times I wanted to step up and tell them about my missions but that is not what we do.”