Part One: June-4

“Thank you SO much Wendy!” I said into the phone as I sat down on my last bag of luggage, trying to get the zipper tied.

“Okay, tell me why your mom thinks your’re going to a summer camp in Vermont?”

“It’s a long story,” I sighed as I finnaly clossed my suitcase. “So, remember that camp I told you I got accepted to? I told you about it as I was telling about the ride in Seth’s car.”

“Yeah, and don’t think I forgot about you ditching out the side door yesterday,”

Dang, that was exactly what I was thinking.

“I wasn’t thinking that!” I lied, something I have done a lot since I recived that manilla folder, “Well anyways, the reason I had you be a summer camp in vermont was because that is only a day or two from here. The real camp I am going to is in California and my mom would never let me go.”

“Devious..”

“I know.” I sighed and rolled my eyes as she babled on about the hot guys in California. I only half listened as I put on my necklace and ran my fingers through the waves of my strawberry blonde hair.

“Riley,” Wendy paused, which brought my attention back to her, “people at school always thought you were too much of a nerd and good to do anything bad. But, you are actually very decietful. I would never be able to get away with a lie that big. I guess that’s why I’m not in California right now…well, I’m not in Vermont either but you get the drift.”

“Yeah,” I mumbled, now feeling guilty for lying to my mother, “Thanks, Wen..”

The door bell rang, I ran over to the window and looked down to see a beat up, red Ford 150 was parked behind my mothers hondai. I couldn’t see who was at the door though because the porch roof.

“Riley, Honey,” My mom yelled, “Can you get that? I’m in the bathroom!”

“Okay,” I yelled back “I have to go Wendy, I’ll call you later.”

“I still haven’t forgotten!” She yelled as I hung up on her. Sigh, I really hoped she forgot.

I climbed down the stairs, the door bell rang again, “Hold on a moment! I’ll be right there!”

I opened up the door to see a boy about my age. He was about a foot taller then me, had shaggy dark brown hair, and a dazzeling blue right eye. His left eye was chocolate brown. His tan skin pulled on his muscels nicely.

“Um, I’m Riley,” I blinked to regain my thought system, “Can I help you with anything.”

“I came a little early,” The boy said with a deep, confident voice, “But hey, they underestimated my driving.”

“Excuse me?” I asked him, confuzzeled beyond belief.

“You are Riley Preston, right?” He asked, slightly unsure of himself.

“Yes….” I moved the door slightly more closed.

“Stop trying to close the door on me,” He shook his head, “I hate it when people do that, isn’t there a camp you were expecting to go to? They sent you a message saying that I would be here around two?”

“Oh!” I said and open the door wide, “Sorry, they only said two o’clock. I actually wasn’t really sure what that ment.”

“That’s okay, it’s not the first time they forgot to mention that,” He smiled, “And you look very cute when you are embarrased. Your smile is just adorable.”

“Thank you,” I smiled and tried not to blush.

“Who is this?” My mother said as she stepped down the stairs.