4 | salty with a chance of attitude

Picture is Miyoshi with her swords

It had been over five years since the celebration of Obito, and Rin had since joined him on the other side. All of the shinobi were deeply shaken by the loss, especially Kakashi and our classmates. Despite my sharp talking to, he hadn't spoken to anyone since the incident (to my knowledge), and had joined the ANBU under instructions from Lord Fourth. I did wonder if Minato-sensei's decision was the right one, but I wasn't going to question it.

It was too late now, anyway.

Minato was already dead.

It was a tragic time, but we were finally in peace. Lord Third had returned to the position of Hokage, and was ruling just as fairly as he always had. I only hoped that everyone else would be alright.

I had become a mixture of healer and comforter. I had a sort of reputation for being able to help anyone with any kind of issue, and as I told everyone, my door was always open to those who needed any help.

Kakashi still annoyed me to all ends. He infuriated me by refusing help, walking away, and plain ignoring the lot of us. I had a goal, now, to make him interact with the others. If it was the last thing I did, I was going to make him better.

It was a calm, quiet day today. The sun shone bright yellow, filtered through the trees that surrounded the village. It was nice and warm out, too.

I was taking a day off, with a bunch of our other classmates. We had decided to go out and have dumplings together, me, Garake and Teren with Guy, Genma and Ebisu.

"Hey, Kakashi!" Guy called out suddenly. I glanced out of the little shop and saw Kakashi walking down the path, slowly and silently.

"Come join us for some dumplings!" Guy invited, waving his own enticingly.

"No thanks." Kakashi didn't even stop and look.

"Remember what I said to you," I called. He didn't reply, or even look at me. He just carried on walking. I glared at him, willing him to turn and see the ferocity behind my gaze.

"Salty with a chance of attitude," I whispered, and stood up.

"Miyoshi, please don't," Teren begged.

"Know what, I think I'm gonna." I moved stealthily towards a nearby tree. Kakashi was still walking on ahead, not paying full attention. I used my chakra to blend myself into the tree, completely invisible and undetectable. Oh, this would be fun!

"She's really serious," Teren groaned to nobody in particular. Garake was already making a start on my dumplings.

I travelled up to a high branch, and continued along it. I was now right over Kakashi's head. I waited for the perfect moment, then leaped out of the tree and landed square on Kakashi's shoulders. He stumbled a little.

"Listen here, Hatake," I spat. "You're going to join us, even if I have to make you!"

"Get off me!" Kakashi grabbed me by the arm and threw me off him with surprising strength. I spun in midair and used an Earth Style: Shattered Rock Jutsu to try and hold him in.

He glanced around at the sharp, jagged rocks surrounding him, then glared at me. "Why do you keep doing this to me?"

"Because I'm your friend, and I'm worried about you! Please, just for five minutes..."