Ch.24 *Ty-Breaker*

Dedicated to Hope for always getting me PopTarts at school and keeping me alive so I can write more and not pass out right after soccer.

NOT EDITED but I'm just too excited to get it to you

The cute little building on the top of the small hill came into view. It came with a beautiful garden and free food, making feel like I really was disabled or in rehab. I turned to Ty, who had just stopped the car. "Do you wanna come in?"

He brushed off the sleeve of his leather jacket and scowled at me and my sudden surge of happiness. "No."

I slid out and turned, lowering myself so I was eye level with the window. "Of course you do."

Three emotions crossed his face. One being of annoyance, and the other being something I couldn't read which paired nicely with an eye roll, "I'll just stay here." His face dropped into the third emotion, sad, like he was remembering something.

I picked up on it immediately and a siren went off in my mind. "Oh Ty, what's wrong?"

Shit, shit, shit I said something. I triggered something.

See this is why you can't be close to people. Because you go and fuck it up.

"It's nothing," He grabbed his keys and turned to me as he got out of the car. I walked over to him and attempted to get answers.

We met in front of the car and I gently touched his arm, "I don't believe you,"

His fingers found mine and he held my hand like it was his only lifeline. My heart raced just at the touch making the cold air seem almost nonexistent.

"Olivia..." was all he could say.

The sharp intake of breath from me had me in his arms. "I'm sorry..."

I pulled back slightly, and looked up to his face which was looking at me but I could tell he wasn't really there.

"It's okay, I just miss her, she went to a place like this after Chemo because she was still really weak."

My eyes followed his to the building. They were sad and filled with pain but he blinked at it all vanished.

He might still be that broken boy from the bookstore and I would never know.

I might have changed my personality because of him for some strange reason, but he only opened up to me. I knew more about him than a lot of other people.

Yet I'm still trying to figure out why he trusts me so much. He shoved both of his hands in his pockets and walked in front of me.

I hobbled next to him, "You don't talk about her much do you?"

"Not as much as we should, Zoey's pretty much forgotten about her." He laughed away the sad tone in his voice and turned to me, "She found one her gauges on the floor the other day and asked what it was. She doesn't even remember ripping Liv's ear in the first place." he let out a laugh as we passed through the two sliding doors.

I signed myself in and walked over to the rehabilitation room. I'm still stuck here.

Ty trailed behind me checking his phone. He sat in the corner on the chairs once we walked in.

I almost felt a tinge of sorry for him before it disappeared completely. I smiled and helped myself to the purple yoga ball, sitting until I saw that familiar pink blonde hair.

Kadence, I learned was a bitch, but I put up with her. "Arabella!" she called my name as she walked in. Kadence tugged on the hem of her dark blue scrubs and motioned me over to the walkway.