Ch.14 *Confrontations Over 2nd Lunch*

"Wake up."

I turned my head so I was face deep in soft fluff and muttered, "No."

"You lazy ass, wake up." Tyler or Mason? Hmmm? "You are despicable, get the fuck up." Ty.

I turned towards the voice and pried my eyes open in a scowl. "What do you want?"

He smirked, "More ways to annoy you," then he walked over to the table and grabbed a plate. "Here I made second lunch." he shoved a plate of microwaved left over pizza into my hand.

"Second lunch?" I asked with a smile as I picked up the floppy piece.

He looked over at me and assumed his position on the couch while he ran is hand through his dark blonde hair. "Second lunch, you know."

I shook my head, "Soccer is right after school, I don't have that privilege." Damn my life revolves around that sport.

"Same, but I eat my second lunch in David's room." He said referring to the to the boy's coach who teaches biology. Everyone who was in the soccer program hung out there. It was nice and open so we would juggle and pass around too.

I bit back a smile, "Well aren't you just fucking lucky?" I took a bite and he chuckled, but his smirk dropped and he turned back to the Tv.

The door opened above us and I could hear someone walk in. "Arabella you little bitch I'm going to kill you!" Aye, there's my brother that loves unconditionally and always.

I'm guessing he was referring to how I totally skipped today because I had some bad cramps. Buy hey, he doesn't need to know that.

No, he doesn't. I am sick. I am now sick from this point forward.

"Ty! I'm sick, okay, just go along with it." I whispered as Taylor's footsteps moved towards the stairs.

I never come down here enough to realize how weird it is when there are people above.

Mason, I could tell was coming down here for god knows what reason.

I coughed a few times before he saw me. "Oh, hi Ty." Yes, the unconditional love is real in this sibling relationship.

I made my own comment, "Oh yeah hi Ella!" The remark came out way less sarcastic than I meant it to be, but it still got the meaning across.

Mase rolled his eyes at me before grabbing his charger out of the wall plug and running up the stairs.

"I'm going to go home." Ty started after a few moments. He stood up, stretched, and took my plate. "And I should probably call the coaches- tell them I won't be there. You should do the same." He placed the plate on the bar counter top before saying bye and leaving.

"Oh okay well bye!" I called towards the stairs when he was almost at the top.

__

"Ella! Get the hell over here!" I could hear T's voice ring out through the house.

Ugh.
I got up from the breakfast bar and walked over to where he was standing. In the foyer, there was Ty waiting for me with something in his hands.

"What?" I asked leaning up against the wall of the small, dimly lit hallway.

"It's just the key." He brought it up so it glinted in the light. The key that we used to sneak into his house.

"Oh, my--did-did you ever get in trouble for that?"

He shook his head. "Mom either forgot or she decided to not care." 

I smiled, "That's good,"

He threw the little blue key towards me and I struggled to catch it but after fumbling around with it almost in my clutches, I finally closed my fingers around it. "Thanks."

I need to get out of the house.

"I'm taking a walk," I added before grabbing my jacket off the hanger, throwing it over my Mt. Baker shirt and walking around him to the outside world.

We walked into the park area and I sat down on the swings. He followed me all the way there like the stalker he is and found his own spot on the stairs.

"So why did you give me the key?"

There was a pause, "It's yours isn't it?" I nodded and didn't say anything. "So what do you remember from that party?"

"Waking up in a bathroom to the lovely sight of my best friend spoiling her nice shirt with vomit." I bluntly stated and looked away, ready to end the conversation. 

The wood-chips shifted under my feet as I kicked at them. "Can't we just talk about this?" Ty questioned. Not wanting to talk to him about anything, I searched my mind for something plausible.

 Something to hold back the conversation. 

Then it popped into my mind.

I've known for a while but bringing the words to my mouth and actually saying them was a struggle. "My dad's cheating on my mom!" The words burst out of my mouth before I could even register what I was doing.

His eyes turned soft, "What? How do you know?"

I drew in a shaky breath, "I followed him to work one day, two cars behind him... Like in those spy movies, have you see them?" rolling my eyes I continued, "I digress. I don't know he came into some really shady part of some town maybe 10 minutes outside of the city. Some sort of brothel- a-- a whorehouse." I stumbled across my words.

He bit his lip, unsure of what to say. "Um-- I, ah..." After muttering for a few moments he resorted to opening his arms for my comfort. Hesitating, I slowly got off the swing and let him wrap his arms around me. Sitting on his lap, I burrowed my face into his neck and sniffled.

"You've been through this before?" I asked bringing my head up, and moving so I could sit next to him. 

Ty just shook his head, "No, I never suspected anything, though it was maybe some midlife crisis."

"Hey," I timidly smiled, "Midlife crises don't make you beat your kid." His dark eyes narrowed and he turned away.

"Hey, no- No don't look away," I grabbed his face gently and held it between my hands.