Ch.17 *Accidents and French Lullabies*

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH IVE WRITTEN ALL DAY ACCEPT FOR THE 30 MINUTES I TOOK TO GO GET ICE CREAM AND NEW CLOTHES. THATS 3 CHAPTERS DOWN IN 12 HOURS WHOOPPPPP. FORGIVE ME FOR MY SINS PLEASE DON'T KIDNAP MY MOM WHEN YOU FINISH THIS. 

"So, what about you? Who are your best friends?" Ty asked as we got into the car after paying for all of Jen's goodies. 

"Kris- obviously, and Jen probably." 

He checked something on his phone before setting it down, buckling his seatbelt as I did my own, and looking at me, "Not Carolina?"

"She really only hangs out with us because her childhood friend was Ian, and because Kris and I play soccer with her," I explained. He nodded, brushing his hair back up with his fingers. 

We sat in a comfortable silence before there was a stoplight. I was amidst turning left when a car came speeding down the road. Their light was red but they weren't stopping. I tried to hit the breaks to avoid getting in his path of destruction, but it was too late. In a last attempt to not get hit I jerked the steering wheel and stepped on the gas. All I could do was scream as the car T-boned the driver's side of the car.

 Ty's arm reached out to block my chest as my neck snapped forward. At the last second, I jumped in my seat, my legs felt like they were being crumpled and forced into a tiny compartment.

 My lungs gasped for air as if they were doubling in on themselves.

Everything turned black. 

The disgusting sound of metal crunching filled my ears as tiny glass shards rained down on me, cutting my face. The large white airbag deployed in one sharp motion burning my skin and face where it touched. 

All I could hear was the sound of metal being crushed under pressure, my screams, and the vague sound of my bones cracking. 

A smell too intense for words filled my nostrils before everything went from black to a blinding white to black again. The world ceased to exist. It was just me and my pain, alone... 

I jolted to the sound of distant sirens. My body rejected movement and I groaned and spat blood onto the dashboard. 

I liked it better when I was unconscious. When I wasn't, I was aware or the metallic taste that filled my mouth, aware of the pain that spread through my whole body like fire, aware of my lungs struggling for air. 

I sucked in one last breath of gas-filled air, before my world went black again. 

_______

I was swimming in a huge pool. Not swimming, I thought to myself, sinking. As I fell further into the deep, thick water, I tried to kick my legs to propel myself forward but they didn't work. I don't want to die. I don't want to die! I couldn't do anything as I fell deeper and deeper...

I shut my eyelids not wanting to see my fate. Behind the closed eyes, it was cloudy. I fought off the thunderstorms until I could hear and make sense of my surroundings. Steps...? People?People talking!

I wanted to open my eyes but no matter what I willed, they wouldn't pull open. They stayed shut. It took all I was, and all I am to slowly peel open the molasses-like eyelids. 

The dark started to recede from my visions and I was greeted with equally garish fluorescent white lights. 

"Mason?" croaked out, thinking I heard my brother's voice. Another voice filled my ear, "Oh, he'll be back soon. OH!" There was a lot of screaming or what sounded like screaming. The blurry figures of people started to surround where ever I was.