Ch.27 *Bird Watching*

*I UPDATED CHAPTERS 26-28 SO READ THEM IN ORDER*

____

Ty sat on the opposite side of the bus and three rows up from me so I specifically couldn't drink any more of his Gatorade. Fine then I'll drink my own peasant water.

Kris nudged me and I looked up to see her take a picture of me. I tried to swat her hand away as she laughed and ran it through her short hair.

"Who did you send it to?" I asked. It wasn't a bad picture- I'll have to admit, but I couldn't just have her taking random pictures of me and sending them to random people on snapchat.

She smirked, "No one."

"I call bullshit."

"Yeah you're right..."

I leaned against her shoulder, "Who was it?" I didn't even need an answer because the yellow icon popped up next to the name; EO&OL.

She opened it and shielded the phone away from me. Ass. "Who was it?" I asked again.

Kris smirked and just handed me a pair of ear buds, still refusing to say a thing.

If I asked again it would seem like I'm a pest, but if I let it go it would seem like I gave it up too easily. See my predicament here?

Scowling I jammed my earbuds back into my ears so hard that it almost hurt. The pain went away when the music started but Kris just turned to me. "Turn it down."

I could barely hear her but the reading lips really helped. I shook my head and continued to look out to the dry plains of dead grass. What a scenery. Yes my friends, California is not just beaches and democrats. We also have a lot of dead grass and fruit trees for miles on end.

My phone was snatched out of my hand and the volume was turned down significantly before I could even respond. "The hell dude?"

She looked worried but pointed to the seat behind us, "That weird chick is behind us and I don't think she'll like you blaring music so half the bus can hear it."

Weird chick? I turned to look, behind me through the small crack in the brown seat near the window.

"Ohhhh." I sighed and settled back in my seat. "Her names Evie I think." She was a short, probably only ninety pounds girl with a rude attitude and side-swept black hair. Her eyes (which were coated in a heavy layer of dark eye makeup) were closed and she seemed to be sleeping. Or meditating... I have no idea.

Oh what I would give to be sleeping.

I pulled Ty's sweatshirt out of my bag and held it close to me. Yeah, he's never getting this thing back.

I cuddled up to it and brought my knees to my chest. I think I dozed off, or at least was really checked out for the rest of the time just occasionally sniffing his shirt. Don't want to get used to the smell amirite?

The bus stopped in the middle of nowhere surrounded by trees and other forest things.

One of the supervising teachers Mr. Calp, who usually runs detention, stood up in the front and caught all of our attention.

"Take out your earbuds and put away your phones. Yes, that means you, Ian." I stifled a laugh at my friend as his phone was swiped right out of his hands.

"Anyways... There is a ten-minute walk to the cabins. You will find eight cabins three for girls, three for boys, one dining hall, and kitchen and one common room. The sleeping arrangements are posted on each door. If you have any problems you can suck it up because we tried to take everyone's requests into consideration.