Ch.33 *Functional Family*

Anastasia and I sat on her bedroom floor just talking for hours.

She gasped and clutched the pillow to her chest, "So the bitch boy and you are a thing?!"

I laughed and threw a similar pillow in her direction, "Bitch boy?" She grinned and nodded like a child.

"We bonded over making you our bitch! Don't you remember?" Ohh. Camping trip at the lake. I smiled at the memory. She smirked and raised her eyebrows. "Looks like he actually did make you his bitch."

"Shut up!"

"Ella and Ty, sitting in a tree. B-O-N" Before she could continue, my hands shot out and I landed on top of her with a squeal. She screamed and as I sat on her she continued to giggle. "You're gooonnaaaa fuuuuuuccckkkk!"

I groaned and rolled off of her. "Go die in a hole."

She pursed her lips and looked at me, her eyes sparkling with light. "Gladly." and just when I let out a sigh because I thought she had stopped talking about my love life, she clutched her chest and let out a low scream, "AHHH! I just can't believe it! You have a boyfriend!"

I threw another pillow at her as she screamed and rolled around again, "We aren't dating!"

She sat up and moved her curls out of her face, "Yeah, sure. I just can't-"

"It's nice to see you have so much faith in me." she scowled.

It's not like she could be talking, Miss 'boys are assholes'.

It was her turn to use my favorite line- "Shut up."

Uncle Josh came home at around six. She rushed turned off the movie we were watching and ran down the stairs to give him a hug and ask him how his day went.

I hung back, at the bottom of the stairs, marveling in how a family could have so much love. Uncle Josh's eyes lifted from Ana's to mine and smiled, "Arabella! We haven't seen you in forever how are you?" He opened his arms wide for a hug. I practically ran over to give him a hug and watch Ana smile.

It was strange as to how such a loving and caring father was my own father's brother.

"I'm-" I paused and smiled, "I'm good."

"Lies..." I ignored the voice and focused my main attention on their little family. Aunt Tammy was making dinner and setting the table.

She leaned over the counter towards me, "How are you feeling?" She smiled sweetly like a caring mother would.

"A lot better, thank you."

She nodded, her curls bouncing, "Good. If you go outside and in the ice chest to the right of the back door there is a ziplock bag of frozen fruit. Can you go get it?" I nodded and made my way outside through the sliding glass door. I felt nice to be needed.

I grabbed the cold strawberries and placed them in the crook of my right arm. While I was walking back inside I saw a glimpse of Ana looking over her mother's shoulder with a huge smiled and watching her cook. They were both giggling and pushing each other slightly.

I didn't want to interrupt the moment because I thought it was unbelievably special, so I sat outside until my cousin gave up and walked away, with a smile.

Pushing the door open, the warm air hit my face and Aunt Tammy turned to me and smiled. "What took so long? Did you get lost or something?" She joked and danced over to me to get the berries.

I gasped, "I- um... No, it's just-" Let me tell you, stuttering fucking sucks.

Her face went seriously to match mine, "I was joking," Then her face broke out into a smile. Her perfect white teeth shone in the light.