Ch.26 *Bi-Polar Mother Nature*

*I UPDATED CHAPTERS 26-28 SO READ THEM IN ORDER*

____

There's a certain cold temperature that humans can withstand before freezing. Or dying, you know, whichever comes first.

Thirty-five degrees for ten minutes, drenched in water, is not one of them. I was definitely going to live. 

Though, I might catch a cold.

I changed into a pair of shorts and a tee shirt before crossing back into Tyler's room. In an afterthought, I was still cold so I picked up a sweatshirt off of the back of the spinning chair by his desk. It had a bunch of gibberish words and letter on the front in a single line but I just shrugged and put it on. 

He wouldn't mind, would he?

I concluded that the answer is no, and bounded down the stairs.

"So are you guys going to the retreat?" I asked Ty and Kris who had left my room before me. Alec's face slightly dropped and he frowned.

"Yeah, I am." Ty said and Kris just nodded. 

"Sorry," I quickly mumbled to Alec as he fidgeted with his fingers.

He looked up, "It's fine we went on our own little retreat a few weeks back." 

Oh. 

By that time it was pretty late and we had eaten all the rest of the cookies. I doubled over from a pain somewhere in my stomach.

"You okay?" Kris asked as I clutched at it, the hurt subsiding slightly. 

"Yeah, just a stomach ache- probably ate too much." I could feel Ty's eyes on me but I didn't meet them.

I straightened myself up. It was just a stomach ache nothing to get worked up over.

"Okay I have to go," Kris said and drove herself home, then Alec left. Andy and Zoe showed up only a few minutes later. 

Zoey rushed up to me the second she walked through the door. "Ella! Look We went to Chuck E Cheese's for Hal's birthday." She showed me the plastic purple ring that was too big for her fingers, so she just clutched it instead.

"Wow really? Was there cake?" My stomach protested at even the mention of food.

 She nodded, her ginger curls bouncing slightly. "Mhmm, it was blue and had batman on it." her face dropped into a frown, "Some of the kids were meanies and said she was a boy. But I thought the cake was really cool!" 

My heart squeezed with pride for her. I could just imagine that the little eight-year-old was my sister for a minute. She mirrored my own smile before running off to presumably put her ring away in her room. 

I stood from my squat and was faced by Andy with the smallest of smiles. 

"That's Ty's sweatshirt." she pointed to my chest. I even looked down, almost surprised for some reason. 

Ty butted in from behind her in the kitchen. "Yeah."

Andy smile grew wider and she raised her eyebrows the slightest bit. "Oh, do you know what it says?" 

"Neme parlor?" I read it upside down. 

"It means don't talk to me," Ty yelled from the kitchen and came out of the door frame and threw a bottle of juice at me. "Here this'll help."

"What th- the heck?" I stopped myself short of cursing right in front of his mom.

They both laughed at me. I turned to Andy and pointed my index finger accusingly at Ty. "Is he fluent or conversational?"