Ch.19 *Nine Years Ago*

Tyler's Pov

"She thought I called her a whore!" I yelled across my room to Alec. He was shifting through my stack of cd cases trying to find a suitable album. 

"I don't know what to tell you," He shrugged and pulled out my old fall out boy disc and popped it in. "Just tell her."

I shook my head and glanced over at the window in the left side of my room, the light was off and no one was home. I can't. 

"I can't," I voiced.

"Pussy." He shot at me before getting up and running into the hallway before I practically attacked him. Slowly going down the stairs was interrupted by a streak of red hair blazing past my leg and a high pitched child's scream.

"Zoey, get back here!" mom yelled up the stairs, "Alexander stop antagonizing her!" she scolded him like he was her own child. I leaned against the wall and smirked. 

"Yeah, Alexander." He rolled his eyes at my comment before squeezing past me on the stairs to go find Zoey. Mom was busy taking down the Halloween and fall trinkets, "What are you doing?"

"Zoey has a spectacular time ruining my decorations so I'm putting them away." she placed a wreath of fall leaves from our mantel into a storage container. 

"Until Christmas?" I asked almost the rhetorical question as I walked into the kitchen to grab a handful of chocolate chips from the cupboard.

She nodded, "You ask anyone for homecoming yet? You're a bit late."

"No." I rolled my eyes at her.

"What about Kadence? Or that Meg girl, I heard she was nice." I almost laughed. Meg? Nice? No way.

 I'm not going to ask Kadence. I don't want to ever see her smug face again. Coffee shop was enough to last another lifetime.

"No." I repeated harsher this time. 

"Why? You were such good friends with Kadence!" she set down the box of stuff on the table. 

"Kadence is a bitch."

"Watch your language." she scolded, "I thought you still liked Kadence. She broke u-"

"Mom!" I yelled before she finished what she was about to say. Like I needed a reminder to what actually happened. 

"Sorry, but maybe you should text her or something. She seems to want to still be friends."

And how the hell would she know?

"I'm not talking to her okay?" I popped a few chocolates into my mouth before returning to my room. 

Rubbing my temples I thought about what my mom had said. 

Alec closed the door behind him, leaving Zoe out as she banged on the door. "You're such a little wuss, how long has it been now? Ten years?" 

I bit my lip, "Nine?" I said doing a small calculation in my head, "Third grade- So yeah." 

He shook his head, "I thought you would have been over it like eight years ago." 

"We weren't even friends eight years ago." 

"Yes but I knew you." he pointed out. Our parents were good friends so we saw each other every once in a while. A few years ago we actually started hanging out more, fluctuating who would drive that two hours to see each other. 

"Look I got her to come over here to "Face her fears" and shit but I can't help you if you don't say anything."

"Don't." I begged to not let him start. I can't say anything. She hated me for the longest time, what am I supposed to say? "Hey I didn't say hummer mag whore, but I'm totally a weird stalker. Love me hahaha.

Not really romantic right?

Forgive me. This is literally the shortest chapter I've ever written.