Chapter 7

Chapter 7

'Everyday is new beginning. Take a deep breath, Smile, And start again'

It's been ten months since that day and you could say that I have been getting over that day slowly but I still cry remembering how easy it was for Ace to let me go so easily. My parents have a house in the middle of a forest which kind do weird because the nearest town is 70 miles away. It's been weird living with them. I always have a feeling like something is going to happen. Something bad. Many nights when I sit with them for dinner I feel an unpleasant feeling in my stomach as if they are hiding something from me, something really important.

They sometimes talk as if they were in the 15th century. My parents’ names are like the names you get in the 15th century. It is pretty weird but you learn to get used to it after a while.

My mom's name is Elsebeth Irmle Carvello and my dad's name is Iohanbaptista Vincenzo Carvello.

I found it hard to believe these were names so I looked it up and realized these names were used in the 15th century. If you looked closely up you would realize that my mom was English and my dad was Italian. I had once asked them why they had not named me with an ancient name, but all they said was that they did not want me to bullied about it.

My parents have a four bedroom house with bathrooms attached to each room, a living room, TV room and a big kitchen. Everything in this house is modern. There is vegetable garden outside with a huge pool in the middle of it. There is a library with loads of books. There is a door inside the library but it is always locked.

It looks like hundred years old outside but when you go inside you get a complete shock from the complete change of scenery.

My room is different shades of blue with waves coming from each corner. I have a white walk-in closet and a white desk. There is huge LCD TV on the wall. Beside my bed is a white bedside table with a white couch beside the table.

My parent’s room is black. I mean purely black. No other colour. Whenever I go to their room I get goose bumps on my arms and legs, my inner voice shouts at me to get out. It is like something is going to happen to me. Since I didn’t have anybody else to ask advice from I listen to my inner voice.

My parents are very nice to me. We caught up on everything they missed for the past eighteen years. When I mentioned university to them they said I could go next year. There exact quote was 'We should spend at least one year together to make up for the last eighteen years.'

I confided in my parent’s about everything and I thought they did to, but they did not. My parents might not know this but I know what they are keeping secrets from me. Secrets that can change my life from good to bad.

On the first day when I was unpacking I had overhead my mom telling my dad if they should tell me about whom I am and what I am doing here. Dad just said patience is a virtue Else.

That was not the last time they had something like that. They had this same conversation 2 times in these past months and now. 

This is the moment when dad says to mom patience is a virtue when I walk in. I had enough of this 'Secret'. I mean what have could it do to me right?

"What secret are you keeping away from me, mom and dad" I ask crossing my arms over my chest.

They both turn around quickly. Mom has a surprised face on her face but it is quickly masked with anger.

"Listening to other people's conversations is a bad manner!" she scolds me.

"Keeping secrets from your long lost daughter is not nice!" I talk back.

"You really are useless," dad says harshly. A dangerous look coming onto his face. I had never seen his face like this before. Mom seemed to catch on to what he was saying because the same dangerous look crossed her face.

Oh why did I have to interrupt their conversation?

Dad grabbed a hold of my hand and dragged me along to the library. We were currently outside the locked door.

"Dad you are hurting me!" I cry out as his nails dug deeper into my arm.

"Shut up you useless child!" dad says without sympathy.

Mom snaps her fingers and suddenly the door opens. It is fully dark inside. All you can see is the first three stairs.

Mom again snaps her fingers and the lights switched on. Now I can see the whole, steep staircase. Dad pulls me roughly and drags me down.  I keep wriggling my body trying to get out of my dad’s grip but my mom holds my arms tightly behind my back making it hard for me to move.

When we reach downstairs I am shocked to see so many faces and I don't know why but they all seemed familiar. They all looked up and snapped. One of them was chained to the wall. All of them had scratches all over their faces and their T-Shirts were torn.

The person chained to the wall looked the most hurt with blood coming from his shirt.

It was as I knew them but I didn't at the same time.

The person chained to the slowly raises his head. He shakes his head to get his dark brown hair away from his face. He looks at me with his light brown eyes. We both stare into each other’s eyes and just like that everything stopped for a second.

I forget about my mom and dad keeping secrets. I forgot about being dragged all the way here. I forgot about Ace for the first time in months.

He was tall and had six pack through his white shirt that was stained with blood. He had a pair of shorts that were ripped in the end. He looks like horrible and from the condition he is in he looks like he has been here for a long time.

He too like the others looked familiar. Abruptly I feel a sting on my right arm. Before I can say anything I feel light headed. I see double of the boy. My inner voice is shouting at me to stay awake but this all is too much for me.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Hi everyone!!

Thanks for all the votes!

This chapter is dedicated to Goldarcher for her awesome comment!

Song - One Republic - Secrets

Not edited! 

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow if you want

TTBMBFF