Chapter 27

Chapter 27

 "Wow," the newcomer from earlier said shocked.

"So do you trust me because I know most of the others don't," I asked him picking at my jeans.

"I don't know but do mind answering some of my questions?" he asked me gently. I smiled at him, grateful that at least somebody here asked me for my permission.

"Sure." I combed my fingers through my messy hair trying to untie all the knots that had taken a home in my hair.

"What do you mean by Ace changing?" I felt a lurch in my stomach remembering how Ace had changed emotions so fast.

"Before the surgery Ace was overprotective and kind. He got mad at himself because he could not protect me from the force field," I said laughing at the memory, "After the surgery, I woke up in this cell. When Ace came down he did not recognize me at all. He even said that I was not his mate but I know that he could feel the sparks when our hands had met. I don't what happened to him but-"

"You don't have to finish that sentence I know," the newcomer said standing up, "thank you for sharing your story. I will what I can do but until then hold on tight for me alright?"

"Okay," I replied with disappointment laced in my voice knowing that he was leaving.

"When was the last time you ate?" he asks me walking to the door of the cell. I look at his face to see his face full of concern.

"I don't know I think in the hospital. I am not too sure," I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Come on," the newcomer said beckoning me with his hand towards the door of the cell.

"What?" I asked with shock. He was going to let me go? Did he realize I was not lying or was this some kind of sick joke to him?

"I am taking you to get food. You must be hungry."

"Of course," I said with confidence even though I was not feeling it. I had a bad feeling about this. I felt like something bad is going to happen. I got up from the bed and stretch my body. A yawn escaped my lips. I slowly walked towards the door of the cell where the newcomer was standing.

"You must be tired after everything that has happened in the past two days," the newcomer says closing the door of the cell. The comer comes and walks next to me.

The whole area is dark. I catch a hold of the new comer's hand. I slowly laced my fingers through his. The bad feeling from earlier returned. I clutched onto the new comer's hand tighter as if he might just vanish into the thin air.

"You seem scared," the newcomer said, not even bothered by my hands.

"No, I just," I say not knowing how to say this to him, "I have a bad feeling about this. I feel like you are just going to vanish into thin air."

"What do you mean?" I gripped tighter onto his hand as the feeling becomes worse. The newcomer abruptly turns left. Through the fog of darkness, I could catch a small glimpse of light. As we walk closer to the light I can see the area more clearly. The walls looked like they are made of some type of expensive metal.

"It makes me feel nauseous."

"Maybe it is from not eating for almost two days."

"Two days!" I said with shock.

"You must have not realized because of everything that has happened," the newcomer said.

"What is your name?"

The newcomer laughed quietly. "My name is Romulus," he said, "Come on, almost there." Just as he said that I am greeted with a bright light. I quickly shielded my eyes with my free hand. I closed my eyes for a few seconds, allowing them to adjust to the light.

I opened my eyes to see pure white everywhere. I scrunched my face in confusion. I turned my head around to see that the newcomer was not next to me. A sinking feeling filled my stomach. The bad feeling in my stomach became worse. Fear coursed through my veins.

I looked around me to see pure white walls surrounding me. I turned my body around in a circle to see the white walls going further away from me. My heart beat wildly against my chest. My breathing became ragged from keeping in the sobs that were waiting to break through my body.

I looked down at my feet to see a reflection of me in the white tiles. A tear slipped through my eyes. I quickly wipe it away. I clenched my hand tightly into a fist. The sound of a pair of footsteps snapped me out my emotional fist.

I slowly put my head up to see the man I had thought I had escaped. As the man came closer another pair of footsteps followed him. I looked behind him to see the woman I thought I had escaped. I watched as the man and woman I had called mother and father for ten months. It was no other then Elsebeth Irmle Carvello and Iohanbaptista Vincenzo Carvello, the betrayers.

As they come closer towards me I straightened my back. My body was alert for any sudden attacks. All the sleepiness I had before now gone. Once they both were a few feet away from me Iohan opens his mouth to speak.

"Did you really think you got away so easily? Arielle!" he spat out to me. My spine stiffened when he said my name.

"What are you doing here?" I asked bravely.

"Well dear, we should be asking you the same thing since my wife and I built this ourselves," Iohan said proudly.

"What do you want?" I asked tired of his mind twisters.

"That is simple dear. We want you."

*__________________________*

Hi everyone!

What do you think of this chapter? Do you like it? What do you think is going to happen next?

Vote goal – 10

Not edited!

Vote

Comment

Follow

TTBMBFF