Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Life always gives us surprises.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

What in the world is that annoying sound?

I opened my eyes my eyes to a bright light right above my head.

"Stupid light," I muttered closing my eyes again.

I felt with my fingers that I am on the bed and there is a desk or table beside me. I felt a thin blanket over me. I think I am in a hospital because of that awful smell. If I'm not in a hospital this place stinks!!

I tried to move my face but a shoot of pain made me cry out loud.

I opened my eyes to see I was definitely in a hospital. There was an air conditioner in the room and there was one window.

I lifted my fingers to my face to see wires of some sort attached to my face. There was a wire attached to my arms and one on my leg.

I so no point in staying awake and feeling the pain so I closed my eyes and tried to sleep, but of course something or should I say, somebody, had to come and ruin the parade.

"I go to eat my first meal in two days and you wake up," Ace sayid pulling a stool to come to sit beside me.

"You have not eaten in two days?" I asked in shock. Something inside me tells me that I should be afraid of him and not trust him but something inside me tells me to trust him. I do not if it is because he saved my life or something else.

"How are you feeling?"

"Tired and my whole body is sore. What happened to me?"

"You don't remember? The doctor never said anything about memory loss."

"No, you idiot. I remember but what happened after I slept off?"

"Well I carried you to the nearest hospital and a doctor came to check you," The doctor said you don't have any serious injuries that couldn't be fixed with some modern medicines. So you will be up on your feet in four days"

"Can I have some food?"

"Sure," Ace said and went out of the room to get food for me.

After about four minutes Ace came back with a drink and some type of packet with him.

"What is it?" I asked excitedly because this was my first time I was eating my food in days.

"Hot chocolate and marshmallow. The doctor said that you should have something soft and hot to drink. This is the only thing I could find." He said shrugging his shoulders.

"And what if I don't like, marshmallows?"

"What you don't, I'll go get something-" Ace started to ramble but I cut him off.

"I was just joking. I mean who doesn't like marshmallow? Now help me up," I ordered to him.

With a bit of crying of me and Ace's constant soothing words encouraging me, I finally sat up.

"Let me feed you," Ace said opening the marshmallow packet.

"No-" I started to protest but am cut off by Ace.

"You kind of can't move with all those wires so you have no choice," Ace said closing the discussion.

"Fine." Somehow I like this side of Ace, the soft side that many people may not know about because of his intimating height. "Do want the marshmallows in the hot chocolate or out the hot chocolate?" he asked.

"That's a stupid question, of course, I want the marshmallows in the hot chocolate."

"Okay, you do not need to be so moody. I was just asking," Ace says calmly and lifts the cup to my lips so that I can drink from it. I would have commented back but the taste of the marshmallows and hot chocolate quickly made me forget about what I was thinking.

Just when I am almost done, Ace's phone rang. By the sound of it, it looked important.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Nothing," he said looking at me with those red eyes.

"Oh come on. You owe me remember."

"Fine. The guys found a trail that leads to the hybrid prince. They think that he might have escaped but may still be in danger so they have contacted me to ask me what to do next."

"Well, what are you going to do?"

"I cannot tell you that," Ace said.

"Why not?" I asked in confusion.

"Confidential," Ace replied. Silence fills the room as Ace mind links the guys telling them what to do next. I took a deep and scrunched my nose in disgust from the horrible smell of the hospital.

"The guy that saved you what did he look like?" Ace asked me suddenly. I turned my head to him quickly in fright. I took a deep breath to calm down my heart that is beating wildly in my chest.

"The boy had dark brown hair and light brown eyes," I say closing my eyes to try and remember the boy that saved my life.

"How did you know?" he said coming closer to me.

"Oh, he is my brother. Well, that's what he said," I said looking down on my lap. I fiddled with my fingers, nervous about his outcome. Ace does not say anything for a while.

"What did you just say?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone!

What did you think of this chapter?

Not edited!!

Thank you to everybody supporting or reading this book. It means a lot to me!!

Wolf's Curse (new name of the book) is on the side-------->>>>>

I started another book called Wolf's Curse. Check it out if you can!!

Vote

Comment

Follow

Share

TTBMBFF