Chapter 38

Chapter 38

"The Fraile brothers are attacking the kingdom.", and then realisation dawned on me, "You spoke through the mind link, didn't you?"

"Yes," Ace said, nodding his head to me, "You should rest for a little while. You have been walking back and forth the room for more than an hour."

"How can I sleep when people could be dying out there," I said, pointing towards the door, "I want to help Ace. I don't want to act like everything is fine when it isn't."

I watched Ace who has an emotionless face. His jaw was clenched tightly as if he didn't know what to say. I stared at Ace as I waited for his answer.

Something about this situation makes me feel like I should do something. Something inside me made me want to be part of this war.

I felt like I owed the people that searched for me when I had been kidnapped. I want them to know that I really appreciate what they had done.

Even though they didn't find me, at least they tried and I think that's what I wanted to do, that's how I wanted to be a part of the war. I wanted to help the people just as they helped my family to look for me.

"There is something, but that is a big risk," Ace said, standing up from the chair. He walked over to where I was. He grabbed my arm, making me stop walking. He wrapped his hands around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"You are not going to back down. Are you?" Ace pressed his forehead against mine. I smiled at him.

I hadn't known Ace for very long but I know that I have fallen for him. When Ace had told me about us being mates, I had told myself that I wouldn't fall for a guy like him but I did. I was glad I did fall for him because I know that nobody in this world would care for me like Ace.

"I am not backing down," I confirmed. 

Ace stared into my eyes for a few seconds before slowly pressing his lips against mine. His lips were soft and gentle, but as the kiss gets more intense he slowly loosened that gentleness.

I grabbed Ace's hair, pulling him closer to me. Ace plunges his tongue into my mouth when I let out a loud moan. Our tongues battle against each others'.

Ace tightened his hold on my waist, bringing me as close to him as possible. I pulled away first, gasping for air. My chest heaved up and down heavily, as I breathe in.

My heart is beating loudly against my chest. Ace presses his lips into my neck. He opened his mouth and slowly bit into my flesh softly.

"I know what you are trying to do," I said, trying to make my voice sound confident.

"What am I trying to do?" Ace mumbled against my neck. I felt a shiver pass through my body from Ace's husky voice.

"You are trying to distract me." I pushed against his chest, trying to put some space between us. Ace didn't let go of me, but he did stop kissing me. He moved his head so that it is leaning against mine.

"You are right I was trying to distract you, but I was also doing it for my own pleasure."

A smile stretched onto his face, making me smile back at him. I stared at Ace's lips and back to his face. All my body wanted to do is kiss him, but I know that I have other things that are more important than kissing him.

"What is the plan?" I asked, staring into his blood red eyes.

Ace stared at me intensely, not saying a word. Both of us kept on staring at each other until finally he sighed loudly and pulls away from me.

Without a word, he walked towards the wall at the opposite end of the room and put his hand flat against it.

"What are you doing?" I tilted my head in confusion.

"I am waiting for the safe to open, but I am warning you once the safe is open anybody can track us. Be ready to run."

Silence filled the air as we wait for the safe to open. When it finally does open I gasped in shock, as the wall moved towards the side. Where the wall used to be was now a dark room. I tried to see inside but all I can see nothing.

"Stay here," Ace said and walked into the dark room.

I wait for a few seconds, the sounds of shuffling echoes out the room. I shuffled my feet, not knowing what to expect. Finally Ace appeared from the room holding an old book in his hands.

"Follow me," Ace said, waving over to me.

I jogged over to where he is going. I turn my head back to see the door at the wall close back. As we enter the room that was joined to the bedroom, I realised that we had walked into the closet. Ace walked over to a long cupboard and put his hand flat against it. Just like what happened at the wall the doors of the cupboard slid open.

"Go in," Ace said, moving to the side. I stared at him with wide eyes. I didn't know what to expect. Was it going to be dark inside? Was it a passage to a room?

"Don't be scared, there is nothing there that can hurt. Go on before we get caught." Ace nudged me into the closet.

I slowly walked inside. I looked behind me to see Ace walking closely behind me. I turned my head back to see that the passage is dark and quiet. I stretched my eyes in front of me, trying to prevent myself from hitting something. I walked slowly, waiting for something to happen but, it doesn't.

"What is this place?" I asked.

"It is the passage to the dị nsọ ngwakọ," Ace replied. I felt him move for a bit until he was holding my hand.

"Where is that place?" I turned my head towards him.

Ace didn't reply, but instead, he motions my hand ahead.

I turned my head straight to gasp from the beauty. In front is a room that was made entirely out of gold. As we walked closer towards it I noticed that it is quite small with no furniture inside it.

The gold shined out, like the sun's rays. The room sparkled everywhere. I looked behind me to see the passage was still dark. It was as if the light cannot go beyond the room.

"Welcome to the dị nsọ ngwakọ," Ace said.

*______________________*
Hi everyone!

What did you think of this chapter?
What do you think Ace and Arielle's relationship?

Should I make a sequel for this book?

Thank you so much for 19,614 reads and 635 votes!

Against My Will is in the Best Wattpad Reads of 2014 Werewolf Shortlist!

Vote for the chapter that says Vampire/Werewolf #5, so that Against My Will can win!

Here is the link to the chapter: http://www.wattpad.com/73624504-best-wattpad-reads-of-2014-vampire-werewolf-5#

I also posted the link on the comment section!

Vote goal - 10

Vote

Comment

Follow

Share

TTBMBFF