Chapter 37

Chapter 37

"Why did you both take so long?" Zavion asked. I stared at Ace for a second. A blush crept into my face. I saw a knowing look cross over Zavion's face.

"Don't answer the question," Zavion said, warningly. Ace chuckled deeply.

"Here is the box," Ace said, handing the box to my father.

Just as my father was going to open the box, he stopped. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.  I glanced over at Romulus, who also looked confused. Why did my father stop? Was something wrong?

I turned my head to look at my father who had a faraway look in his eye, almost as if he was not here. My father closed the lid slowly and stands up. He blinks for few seconds before turning towards me. The chair made a screeching sound from the sudden movement.

"What's wrong?" Ace asked worriedly.

"There is an emergency with the staff. There is going to be a security check now. Ace take Ariel away from here, now!" he commanded.

"What-"I was cut off, by Ace pulling me out of my chair and out of the room. I moved my legs faster so that I was walking as fast as Ace.

"When we reach my room, I will tell you what is going on," Ace said, not looking at me. I wanted to know what was going on but I stopped myself because I knew that whatever was going on has everybody on the edge.

"Isn't your room far?"

"Yes, but not if I carry you." I let out a small shriek when Ace picked me up.

"Are we in danger?"

"Not if everything goes the way it is supposed to be going."

"Look, who it is," an unfamiliar voice said.

I jerked my head towards the voice. I see a man I have never before. Ace put me down slowly to my feet. He wrapped his arms around my waist. I gripped onto Ace's fist which he has clenched tightly.   

I looked at the man who is wearing black pants and T-shirt, which was a great contrast to his pale skin. The man stared at me with his black eyes.

"What are you doing here?"

"What do you think I am doing here, Ace?" the man asked, chuckling at the end. I felt a shiver pass my spine, not from the cold but from how evil the man's voice sounded. It was almost as if he was doing it on purpose.

"I am guessing from the smirk on your face that you are not alone. Am I right?" Ace said, confidently. I turned my head back to see three people walking towards us. I looked back to see another three people walking towards us.

"They are surrounding us," I whispered to Ace. I looked around the hallway, trying to look for an escape but I found none. Everywhere I turned I saw the same person because of the mirrors that are reflecting them.

"So the princess does talk. Tell me Ace have you never thought over taking advantage of her? She is the most important female supernatural. Have you never thought of using her as a weapon to gain something more?"

"I am not like you. I am true to my word and anyways why would I ever betray my mate?" Ace asked calmly.

"Such a strong werewolf. It is going to be such a shame that I have to kill you. You would be such a powerful weapon to have on my side. A great shame indeed."

"Why would I take your place Heril? You are just a powerful weapon to the brothers. You and I both know that I am correct." Ace tilted his head to the side, staring intensely at the man, whose name I learned was Heril.

The man did not say anything; he just stared at Ace before a smile formed onto his face. Heril let out a loud chuckle and looked around the room at the people that were surrounding us.

"Here that everybody I am a powerful weapon. We all have a choice Ace, I chose to be a powerful weapon to the winning side," Heril said, opening up his arms.

"How do you know that you are going to win?" I asked curiously. The man put his hands down and stared at me for a few seconds. The smile on his face disappeared.

"I have my ways," Heril said darkly.

"You mean you think that your side is going to win but you don't know for sure," Ace said.

I looked at Heril whose jaw was clenched in anger. I noticed the people surrounding us were only a few feet away from us. I squeezed Ace's hand and nod my head towards the people. Ace looked down at me and nodded his head, understanding what I am applying.

"You both sure know how to make a person angry," Heril said.

He walked slowly towards us almost like an animal ready to kill its prey. His steps were slow and steady. The people surrounding us also walked towards us. Their steps were fast and made a tight circle around us in no time. A person stepped out of the circle to let Heril in.

"I hope you both have said your goodbyes," Heril said, a dark smirk on his face.

"Why would they need to? Maybe it is you that needs to say the goodbyes," my father said. I relaxed slightly when I realized that my father had reached us.

Heril's eyes grew wide; he turned around to look towards my father but suddenly froze. I noticed that everybody in the circle froze.

"Come on," Ace said, pushing the frozen people out of the circle and walking towards my father. My heartbeat increased when I saw the dangerous look in his eyes. My father was staring straight ahead at the people. His hands were clenched by his sides.

I heard a loud from behind us. I turned my head back to see that the people that were pushed were now on the floor.

"Take Ariel to your room, Ace." My father's voice was strong and holds power. I had never heard his voice like this. As Ace took me to his room I wondered what my father did to those people. Our strides were big and fast.

Ace suddenly picked me up making me squeal in surprise. I looped my hands around Ace's neck. My chest heaved up and down from all the walking. I stared at Ace's face that shows no emotion.

I turned my head slightly to see that I couldn't see properly because of how fast Ace was walking. I turned my head back to look at Ace because of the dizzy feeling I was getting.

"Here we are," Ace said slowing down.

I turned my head to see nothing but the mirrors. Before I could ask Ace where his door was, he put his hand on the glass and red outline follows his hand.

After a few seconds of waiting, the mirror slid to the side. Ace pulled open the door and put me down. Silence filled the room as Ace closed the door and stares at me.

"What is going on?" I asked finally.

"The Fraile brothers are attacking the kingdom."

*__________________________*

Hi everyone!

What did you think of this chapter?

What do you think of Heril and the attack that is taking place?

Thank you such for 17,992 reads and 588 votes!!

Dedication to FranziskaHoffmann for her great comment on each chapter!

Vote goal – 10

Check out my other story Room(mate)!

Vote

Comment

Follow

Share

TTBMBFF