Chapter 41

Chapter 41

The first thing that went through my mind was confusion. The flashback I had seconds ago quickly slipped out of my mind. My happy mood slowly dampened into a scared and irritated one. I averted my eyes to see that I could not find Ace.

My heartbeat increased when I thought of Ace hurt. Something about that made my heart clench in pain.

I swallowed slowly, not sure what was going on. I looked at the three men in the room and realised that these must be the Forte brothers. All three of them had the same jawline and they all were staring at me the same way- hate.

All three of the brothers were very tall with long hair. I wondered where my father and my brothers were. I wondered if they knew what was happening to me.

My heartbeat increased again when I thought of my family saving. I reminded myself not to be hopeful, in case they didn't save me, I didn't want to be disappointed.

There was a tense silence in the room. The blade that was pointing at my head slowly inched forward, my eyes grew wide when they were almost touching me. I tried to move but the sound of one of the Forte brothers stopped me.

"Don't move," the man hissed the word out.

His voice was thick and had a heavy accent. I let out a loud shriek when I felt the earlier pain in my heart return. I clenched my jaw tightly, trying to prevent myself from showing the pain I was going through.

I stared at the Forte brother that was holding the knife near me; his forehead was creased from confusion. I stared into his black eyes that were filled with hatred.

His expression that was cold and heartless, changes slowly of one of worry. He slowly put the knife down, his eyes never leaving mine.

"Who are you?" I asked, my voice coming out hoarse and scratchy. Even though I had my suspicions of who they were, I wasn't too sure.

"We are the Forte brothers," said the man standing beside the one holding the knife.

"You must be the lovely Princess Ariel," the third Forte brother said walking slowly to me. He grabbed my arm but quickly pulls away.

I stared at him in confusion; there was a shocked expression on the third Forte brother's face. He turned towards his brothers but did not say a single word. I slowly pushed myself up into a sitting position making sure that the Forte brothers didn't notice I am moving.

I squinted my eyes, trying to see through the dark passage leading towards the cupboard in Ace's room but all I see was the colour black.

"I thought I told you not to move!" I jumped slightly, I turned my head to see the Forte brother that was holding the knife, looking at me.

"What do you want?" I asked calmly. Deep inside there was an unknown fire burning inside of me. The fire was like fuel giving me energy, giving me power.

"It is simple. We want your whole family dead. They are the reason witches cannot rule the world. They are the reason we are being ruled by weaklings."

"What do you mean?" the fire inside of me urged to know what they were talking about.

"Look at your family. It is broken because not only did your mother died but you disappeared for eighteen years. It was not easy trying to find her, but when we did, we killed her right in front of your father's eyes. Your father was enraged, still is. The enragement in him could have gone two ways- either he would have fought for revenge or he would mourn over his dead wife and lost a child for the rest of his life. He chose the latter; he chose to live a sad, weak life. His mourning affected the way he ruled the kingdom. His kingdom slowly started to fall apart, just like his sad little life."

Silence filled the air as I take in all this information. I didn't know what to think of all this information. I did not know if I should believe him. Even though his story was similar to the one I had in my flashback, it had a bit of extra information.

I took deep breaths, trying to calm down the overflowing thoughts that are now inside of my head.

I stared at the brothers who seem to be having a conversation with their eyes. All three of them have the same determination; they all had the same goal. I know that there was something else that was fuelling their revenge, some other story that was not being told.

They all looked strong and powerful but it was all a mask to cover something deeper and more meaningful to them.

"Enough of this silence, we don't have much time now do we?" asked the first Forte brother who hadn't spoken once since being in the room.

"Why are you afraid that someone might come and get me before you? I thought you said you were powerful, but you just proved me wrong," I spat out through my teeth.

I slowly got up from the ground and cross my arms over chest, showing them that I wasn't going to back down. I breathed in sharply, the fire inside me turning into anger. I clenched my hands that are over my chest.

"Don't you have a way with words? It is a shame that we will need to end your life. You do sound like a feisty girl. Just my type," the third brother said.

"Why do you want to kill me?" I asked through gritted teeth, the anger burning inside of me was slowly being unleashed.

"We wanted to kill you because you are the princess. You are the most protected person in the whole entire supernatural, kingdom. You are even more protected than the king. If you died people in the supernatural kingdom would feel threatened and slowly will come to realise that the hybrid family is not meant to rule, it is the witches that are supposed to rule."

"You are a sick person." My voice was filled with disgust and hatred. My chest was heaving up and down heavily from trying to keep in the fire waiting to explode outside from my body.

"You are going to be killed by a sick man." I stared at the Forte brothers in nauseating.

The fire burns through my hands almost as if it wants to shoot out my hands. Before I could feel anything else, my eyesight went blurry until I finally cannot see.

I opened my mouth to ask if anybody was there but I closed it when I saw Ace in front of me. His body was lying across the grass covered in blood and his chest was not moving.

*_____________________*

Hi everyone!

What do you think of this chapter?

What do you think has happened to Ace?

What do you think is going to happen next?

Vote Goal - 10

Thank you so much for 23,091 reads and 723 votes!

Dedication to mayann305 for a lovely comment on the earlier chapter!

Vote

Comment

Follow

Share

TTBMBFF