Chapter 35

"Why does every place in this fortress have a different theme?" I asked looking around the room in astonishment. My eyes were wide in surprise as I walked around the room that looked like it had not been cleaned in years.

"It is part of the culture of the fortress. Having a theme in every different place is part of our history; we have been doing this for generations." Romulus replied.

"The places are amazing. How many different themes are there?" I asked, touching the old book on the dusty table.

"Hundreds. When you had the tour you must have seen that no theme was repeated twice," Romulus says, picking up the book I had been touching.

"Do many people live here?" I asked, wiping the dust on my grey pants.

"Thousands live here, but they live on the lower floors. All the royals and higher guards have the whole top two floors to themselves."

"Wow, I knew the fortress was big but I never thought it was this big!" I exclaimed in shock.

"How long will he take?" Zavion asked in a grumpy tone.

"Patience Zavion. He has only gone for three minutes," Romulus said, in a calm tone, not one bit affected from his grumpy mood.

"Three whole minutes which I could use to do other things," Zavion said his voice higher than the last time.

"Really Zavion! Tell me what you will do in three whole minutes. I would really like to know," Romulus said crossing his arms over his broad chest.

"Okay, I think that is enough. Zavion please go sit on that chair and Romulus please sit on that chair," Ace said pointing his fingers towards the chairs that were on either side of the room. Both Zavion and Romulus glared at his other for another minute and then they went to sit in their chairs.

I sighed loudly, attracting Ace's attention towards me. I watched as Ace lowered his arms and walk up to me, his eyes never leaving mine. My heart started to beat louder when he comes closer to me. I put my hand on his chest when Ace pulled me into his arms. Ace slowly leaned his face lower, until our lips are almost touching. I pushed myself so that I am slightly on my toes.

Just as my mouth brushed against Ace's somebody clears their throat. Instantly, as if we both were hit by something we pull apart. I turn my head to see my father with a sad smile on his face. He again clears his throat, as if he is trying to clear away the thoughts in his mind.

"I guess this is it," my father said looking up at the ceiling that is covered with dirt.

"Just tell us already!" Zavion shouted across the room. Silence filled the room as we all stare at Zavion in shock. I took a deep breath, praying that this didn't get into a huge argument. I turned my head towards Romulus who is shaking his head.

"When you and Ariel were born, it was the best day of your mother's and mine's day. Same as when Romulus was born. Zavion you have no idea how long your mother and I had been trying to get a child. When we realised that your mother was giving birth to twins, we both were ecstatic. We thought that life was better than ever. Well, we were wrong because two years later, Ariel was taken away from us. Not even three years later your mother died right in front of my eyes. I watched the life drain out of her, and you want to know what the sad thing was. I couldn't help at all. The only thing I could do was kill her killer, which I did."

My father stopped speaking as he wiped a tear that has escaped his eyes. My own eyes filled with tears as I watched my father, who looks lost in his own memories. He had a heartbroken expression on his face.

"The whole of the supernatural world spend two and a half years looking for you, Ariel. You might think that it is not a lot of years, but because of our heightened senses, strength, and speed, we are able to find things very quickly. In those years of searching, we found nothing, nothing to tell us that you were alive. It was like you vanished off the earth. When I lost your mother, it was like losing you again. Even though all you could say was a few words the way you acted was just like your mother."

My father stopped again. He put both his hands on his face. He stayed like that for a few seconds. Finally, he took away his hands, when he lifts his back up you could see the tears in his eyes. Suddenly I realized why he is like he is. My father had lost both his only daughter and wife. His sons were too young to realize what was going on.

"Over the years, I dispatched myself from taking care of my sons, and I grew colder. I had a hard time believing people because there were many times when people came up to me and said 'this is Ariel the princess!' In reality, the person had put spell on another person so that it looked like you, Ariel. That is why I didn't believe Zavion when he said that you really were Ariel."

"Maybe you should take some counseling-" Before I could finish my sentence my father interrupted me.

"No!" my father said in a commanding voice. Suddenly everybody in the room got tense. Romulus flashed over to where I was standing. With my wide eyes, I turned my head to see Ace take a protective step in front of me, his hands clenched into a tight fist.

"You might think that counseling is weak and only for losers, well you are wrong. You have all this emotion bottled up inside you. One day you are going to burst, and it's not only going to hurt you but everybody around you. If you slowly take out your emotions then you won't have a burst. Counseling is a great way to let out your emotions. Trust me, at least give it try." I said, reasoning with him. Silence filled the place as everybody stared at my father who has an expressionless face.

"You have made a good point, Ariel. I should get going, I will see you all tomorrow. Have a good night everybody," my father said, nodding to all of us. Without another word, he left the room.

"Come on, let's go," Ace said, grabbing my hand.

"Wait," I said, pulling my hand away from his. "Good night Zavion and Romulus," I said, smiling at them each of them.

"Hope you sleep well, Ariel," Romulus said, and nodding his head just like my father.

"Good night." I turned my head towards Zavion and smile at him again. I felt Ace take my hand in his and pulled me out the room.

"What room is that?" I said, looking at Ace.

"It used to be the Queen's office," Ace says softly.

"It was my mother's?" I asked, in astonishment.

"Yes," Ace said, clearing his throat, "Did you find the answers you were looking for?"

"Yes, did you know all this?"

"Some of it I already knew, some of it I didn't. Come on let me carry you," Ace said stopping.

"No I am-" I squealed loudly when Ace carried in my arms.

"You walk too slowly. With your human speed, we will reach your room at the wake of sunrise."

"Well it is not my fault I am human," I said, defending myself.

"You are right, I can't blame you for that," Ace says staring down at me, "Here we are." He opened the door and sets me down on the floor.

Both of us stared at each other until Ace moved his head towards mine. As Ace's lips met mine I smiled. I tangled my hair in Ace's, pulling him closer. Ace's hand moves to the back of my neck, bringing me even more closely to his muscular body. My mouth was cool against his hot ones. When Ace pulled away, I saw Ace with the same smile I had.

"Good night, Ariel," Ace whispered into my ear.

*__________________*

Hi everyone!

What did you think of this chapter?

What do you think of the king's confessions?

What do you think of Ace and Arielle?

Thank you so much for 16,321 reads and 548 votes!

Vote Goal – 10

Vote

Comment

Follow

Share

TTBMBFF