Chapter 9

Chapter 9 - Ace POV

A moment in my arms,

Forever in my heart.

I was walking down to the forest, as far away as the human eye could see. I kept on walking deeper and deeper into the forest. You could smell a hint of rain and mud, from the storm last night. I walked down the steep hill and into the meeting place. I waited down for the guys to come so that we could investigate the area because we had seen sightings of rouges in the area.

We had to check it out as it was our jobs to make sure the hybrid royals were safe, and as the head hybrid royal guard, I was to lead them. We were currently near the Amazon forest. This was a very well-known hiding pace for the rouges.

I heard the crunches of leaves and turned around to see Grayson, my second in command climbing down the steep hill.

Grayson and I may work together a lot and you would think we would be very close but we were not. He was the type of guy who was normally very quiet in general. We grew up together, literally.

We lived in the same house because our parents were very close and they wanted their children, especially Grayson and I to be very close because we would be working together. Sadly for them, we had grown up to little things in common.

"Good morning, Grayson."

"Good morning, Ace."

That was all we said to each other. We both kept silent waiting for the other three to arrive. You would have thought to that being there would be super awkward, but it wasn't awkward. We had been doing this silence thing since the day we had been given our positions for the head and second in command of the royal hybrid.

After five minutes of silence, we heard the footsteps of the other three.

"What took you all?" I asked them in my deep voice.

"What? No good morning or how was your sleep?" Sean asked sarcastically. They were all used to this.

"Okay, now that you are all here finally we will start our check-up. Remember if you find anything unordinary or you feel unsafe mind link me immediately. Understand?" I ask my voice full of authority.

From a young age, I had always learned to be superior to other werewolves.

"Understood," they all say in unison. We get ready to change into our wolves when I feel a sudden pain in the face.

Then again.

And again.

Just when I thought this was over I felt a pain shoot from my heart and worm its way through my whole body. My wolf was keeping half of the pain away. Even with half of the pain, it was like all my limbs were being taken out piece by piece. The pain tripled making me drop down on my knees.

The pain reaches my head and makes me scream out loud like a teenage girl that got a rose from their first crush for the first time. It feels like my brain was being chopped into a billion pieces with millions of knives.

My vision gets hazy and I see an abandoned house in the middle of the forest. Then the picture fades away and instead I see a room that seems to belong to a girl and then again the picture fades away and I see Arielle. Blood all over her body.

I try to see the surroundings and a clue do where Arielle is but the picture starts to fade away and before I can do anything I am back in the forest.

It is silent for a second. It's like my mind has blocked all the noise from the outside world including the faint sound of the guys telling me to hold on and that they have called for help.

Suddenly I feel nothing. Nothing at all. Before I went fully unconscious I whisper the name I thought I would never say again.

Something happened to- "Arielle."

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Hi everyone!

What did you think of this chapter?

Hope you liked ace's pov.

Vote
Comment
Follow
Share

TTBMBFF