Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Our lives are shaped as much to those who leave us to as they are to those who stay.

Loss is out legacy.

Insight is our gift.

Memory is our guide.

___________________________________

"We finally got you!" the man said, holding the two year old girl tightly towards his chest.

"What do we do with her sir?" a different man asked.

"Do anything you want with her but I'll be back in 1 day. So make use of it," he said, handing the girl to him and walking away.

"What should we do with such a precious little girl like you?" the man asked menacingly, chaining the little girl to the wall by her arms and legs.

The girl thrashed around but it just seemed to hurt her more. Tears were dripping down her face like rain. Her eyes were red from all the crying and there was a big black and purple mark on her right delicate cheek. The girl was screaming as the man beat her.

I stood in the corner of the room shouting for the man to let her go. "Let her go," I screamed, but no one could hear me.

"Let her go," I screamed again. My throat slightly sore from the strength I put into it.

"Let her go, please" I kept on screaming but no one could hear me. I ran to the girl and tried to grab the man's hand but it just went straight through. I tried again but I got the same result.

'I was invisible. I couldn't do anything to help the poor child,' I thought.

Just looking at the girl made tears trickle down my face. The man was hitting her with fire, her arm just above her elbow was fully black from the burn. It was definitely going to be a scar.

With my blurry vision at the new forming scar. I went forward and looked more closely and saw that I had seen the scar somewhere. I racked my brain thinking of where I had seen it, but I knew one thing. I had seen the scar before.

I wake up to the sound of my name being called. I open my eyes to see the old ceiling. I then close my drowsy eyes again remembering the dream- no nightmare I had. It felt I was the one being almost beaten to death. It was like I was there.

"Arielle" someone shouts. I turn my head to the side, trying to get rid of the sound that is ruining my sleep.

"Come on Arielle, wake up!" That person shouts again. A let out an annoying grunt and turn my head to the side again

In the distance, I can hear the rattling sounds of the chains. My sleep slowly fades away from me, as the sound gets louder.

"Come on Arielle, wake up" the same person shouted, but he sounded weak.

I tried my hardest to open my eyes but I couldn't. I tried moving hands but I couldn't. I tried moving my legs but I couldn't.

What's wrong with me?

I want to open my eyes and look at the person and tell him I am ok. Tell him about everything I had been through. Tell him that somehow for an unknown reason I felt safe seeing him. Even though he is bloody and dirty.

I think of what my 'father' had said and thought if it was true. Could I be his sister or is that just a way to make me weak?

The same person who shouted my name spoke now in a weak voice.

"Come on Arielle. Wake up. I can't lose you, not again," he begged with sincerity. Even though I didn't recognize the voice, I felt a small warmth fill me at the thought of someone caring for me. Something about the voice made me feel safe.

It was as if something inside of triggered. As if it is a command I open my eyes to remember the reality of what is going on.

My 'parents' betrayal. The dungeon with familiar faces. The boy that looked like me. Me fainting.

I hear a cough from someone bringing me back to reality. I look around to see all familiar faces. It feels like I know them from somewhere but I can't at the same time. I look around again to see if I remember at least a tiny bit but all I see is the same people. Oddly enough each one of them have a sympathetic look on their faces. When I have seen everybody's faces I finally put all my fear aside and look to the boy chained to the wall opposite me.

"Are you okay?" he asks, looking at me as if I will disappear within the air and not come back.

I didn't trust my voice I just shook my head to say no. My head was throbbing badly making it impossible for me think of an escape route out of this place.

Suddenly the door to the library was banged open. I jumped slightly in fright. My heart beats against my chest loudly. I rub my dry hands together. My throat burning from thirst and my stomach rumbling for food.

My 'mom' and 'dad' walked downstairs with the same dangerous look they had yesterday. I hadn't noticed this before but I did now, they seemed to have a dangerous vibe around them. Like the type that makes your stomach clench and makes you feel sick. The hunger I had vanished away as the sudden urge to vomit replaced it.

That's when I realized that this was my second time being kidnapped in one year.God loves me so much.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Hey guys!!!

Not edited!!!

So what do you guys think??

Remember to

Vote

Comment

Follow

Share

Until next time sun shines!!

TTBMBFF :)