Chapter 1

Chapter 1

'Have you ever loved someone so much that you wanted to keep them hidden from the world and all to yourself? Well apparently that is known as kidnapping'

-Unknown

The loud music thundered the dance floor, as people moved their body to the music. People bumped into each other every so often, because of the darkness of the room. I watched my best friend dance in the dim lit room.

"This is the best fun I have had in days," my best friend Esme shouts over the loud music.

"That's because this is the first night in weeks that we don't have to worry about exams," I shout back to her over the loud music.

"Yes, you are right," she says nodding her head slowly, "Why am I feeling so hot?"

"Maybe because we are dancing in the middle of a crowd," I say to her.

"You are such a mood killer," Esme says moving to the sound of the music.

"Well you are such a party rocker," I retort back. Esme and I are complete opposites, but you know what they say opposites attract.

I am the type of girl who just sits and reads all. I may read all day but I am definitely not afraid to speak my mind out loud.

Literally.

I flip my dark brown hair over my shoulder in an attempt to stop sweating. I am 5, 7 tall and am the 'nobody knows her name but have seen her around' at school. I was given to an orphanage after I was born. After that nobody adopted me. So basically I'm an orphan.

I have been working part-time at a local coffee shop since I was thirteen to earn money for university and when I get kicked out the orphanage, which is tomorrow because I turned 18 today. I know sucks to be an orphan, but you know; what they say if life was easy then where would all the adventures be?

Esme moves her tall body to the beat. Her blond hair waving around wildly. Esme is what people now days like to call perfect. She has perfect grades, she has loving parents, she's rich and she gets attention from all the boys at school.

The only bad part about her life is little old me. I had told Esme plenty of times to ditch me and go to the popular group but every time I asked her, she told me that best friends don't ditch each other. After a while, I just gave up.

"I am going to sit down," I shout in Esme's ear.

"Why? We've only been dancing for a few minutes."

"We've been in the club for more the three hours." I wipe away the sweat that is on my forehead.

"Well if we are going to be sitting down we might as well get a drink," she says, turning around and pushing through the crowd. After finally getting away from the crowd we walk to the bar.

"Two vodkas please," Esme says to the bartender. I blink my light, brown eyes slowly trying to adjust to the bright light above us.

"Here you go, ladies," the bartender says, putting two shots down in front of us.

"Thanks," we both mutter to him.

"One, two three," we say pulling the glass to the tip of my mouth. Drinking the contents down no matter how much it burned.