Chapter 39

Chapter 39

"What is this place?" I asked as I walked over to the wall made of gold. I touched it gently; the wall was hard and rocky.

"This room is the safest room in the fortress," Ace said, stepping beside me.

"This place is amazing, but it's so small. This place can't fit over twenty people." I looked around the room, confused to why the safest room in the fortress was so small.

"The room expands from the amount of people. This room expand and fit thousands of people, but it can also become smaller to fit two people."

"So there is a spell on this room?" I gazed at this room with amazement.

"There is many spells on this room. One of them is too expand or become small to fit the people, the other is to keep any sounds from going out of the room. As this is the safest room in the castle it needs lots of spells made by strong witches, so that it can't be unbounded by another witch."

"How old is this room?" I asked, staring around in amazement.

"More than a five hundred years old. It was the first safe rooms to be built in the castle."

If I Ace had not given me all this information, I would never have thought that a golden room would be the safest room in the whole fortress. I would have thought that this room had been more than five hundred years old and that many people would have been down here.

I turned towards Ace, my eyes widened as I realise that Ace had been staring at me the whole time. Ace turned towards me and pulls me by the waist. I gasped aloud from the sudden movement. I stared into Ace's red eyes; the serious expression on his face has quickly changed into something else. From all the time I had spent with him, I had never uncovered what that expression is.

Ace tugged on my waist, pulling me even closer to his body. Slowly Ace tilted his head and leaned in towards me, as our lips touched each other's I finally relaxed for the first time since we have been attacked.

Something about being with Ace made me know I was in a safe place. I wrapped my arms around Ace's neck, I felt Ace put his hands on my thighs and slowly he pickeds them up until he was wrapping my legs around his waist. As I let out a man I pleasure I felt Ace's hands on my thighs tighten until he slowly lets go.

He slowly put me back onto my feet. My chest heaved up and down, trying to catch my breath. Ace let go of my waist and walked over to the other side of the room. Finally after a few seconds of silence Ace turned around to face me.

I noticed that his face back to being serious. Something was on his mind because Ace only went serious when he was going to tell me something that was not very believable or he was going to tell me something that I might not agree with.

"I want you to do a spell," Ace calmly said.

I stared at him in shock. I opened my mouth to ask him how I was going to do the spell when I had never practiced magic before, but Ace spoke first.

"All you have to do is say the words repeatedly, for the first few times nothing will happen but slowly the words will fall into effect. Even if the spell does not work fully, the slightest effect will make big difference. The difference couldn't also make this our chance of winning the war."

"Won't the enemy find out where we are because I am using magic?"

"No, another spell that was put on this room was that no other supernatural being could figure out where the spell was being said."

"Does this mean that they won't be able to track us down to the safe room?"

"Exactly," Ace said, nodding his head, "Here is the book from which the spell you are going to read is in." Ace opened the book and flips through a number of pages until he reached a page filled with seven words that were not English.