Chapter 29

"You just need to drink this whole thing," the older man said to me handing me the small glass.

"Okay," I said eyeing the grey looking liquid. I bit my lip to prevent myself from puking. I heard someone cough loudly. I looked up to see everybody looking at me. I felt as if a prank was being played on me. What if this was a joke? How would they know that I am truly not lying? Would I get sick from drinking this liquid? What was in this liquid?

My stomach lurched from all the questions swarming my head. My hands trembled slightly from the fear of the outcome of drinking the liquid. I took deep breaths in an attempt to calm my nerves.

"You can drink the liquid," Romulus said quietly. I looked around to see that everyone is as frustrated as me but they all did not have the same reason. My brother's eyes were wide in anticipation. I looked over to see with hands behind his back but he has this glint in his eye, the same glint he had when he was nice to me.

I sighed deeply and put the glass to my lips slowly. I drank the liquid quickly. As it ran down my throat it burns slightly. The liquid had a metallic taste almost like blood. How could it be blood if the colour was grey? My mind thought of solutions but all I got was more questions. Why were they so keen on me drinking the liquid? Was this really going to help or was this all a joke?

The liquid stopped flowing down my throat. I scrunched my face in confusion then it hit me that the liquid must be finished. I took the glass away from my lips. I stared at the glass in my hand. I wait for something to happen but nothing happens. I raised my eyes to look at the others.

Every single one of them was frozen. The older man was not even blinking. There was silence in the room, nobody said anything. Not a single sound was made, even out breathing is quiet. Ace whose arms were behind his back is now hanging by his shoulders. The glint in his eye was gone and replaced by a look surprise.

I noticed a light green colour on my hand. I brought my hand closer to my face to see my nails were turning a green colour. I rubbed at it but it does nothing, I couldn't feel it. My heart beats faster, my thoughts were lying all over the place. Is this how I was going to die? If I was dying at least I was feeling no pain.

I walked over to the table by the door. I put the glass down slowly, careful not to make a noise. Once the glass was on the table I slowly backed away to where I was standing. I brought both my hands up to face the light green colour has gone darker.

"What is going on?" I asked them even though I have a faint idea. I stared at them with wide eyes. My chest heaved heavily from anticipation.

"You are the-" my brother started to say but trails leaving the sentence hanging.

"What am I?" I cried out. This time nobody answers me. All of their eyes wide open in shock.

"Somebody please tell me what is going on?" I asked again looking at all of them.

"I told you! But of course, I am the youngest of the royal family so my decisions are not considered," my brother shouts aloud. His words echo around the room. The room stills as everybody lets the words sink into them. What was my brother talking about? Was he only saying this out of anger? Is it true? Unanswered question swam through my mind.

"Do not shout, Zavion," the older man finally said.

"Do not shout seriously! You and I both know what I said true. You just do not want to admit that for once in my life I am right and you are wrong!" my brother shouts again. The older man sighed and put his face in between his hands.

"Zavion you need to calm down. Only then can we talk like civilized people," the older man said quietly.

"See you cannot even admit it. Shame on you! How dare you tell me to calm down? Just because you are king does not mean you rule over everything, especially your own son!" my brother shouted with rage. My brother's hands were clenched in a tight fist. His nails were digging into his palms. Blood swept through his tight fist. The blood lowly drops onto the floor.

"Zavion, you are bleeding," I said quietly. Zavion turned towards me. His face was stone hard and his lips are pressed tight. He looked at his hand and back at me. Without saying a single word he unclenched his fists. I gasped in shock, my eyes widening from the sight of the blood on his hand. The blood was covering his hand like paint on the wall.

"Zavion you should go clean that up," Romulus says walking over to Zavion. Romulus put his hand on Zavion's shoulder in comfort. Not answer Romulus, Zavion walked to the door on the left side of the room and leaves the room. I could see his handprint on the doorknob.

"You should have some rest Arielle," Romulus said looking at me. I look over to Ace to see his face scrunched up. Why is his face scrunched up? Is he in pain? Or does he really despise me that much?

"I will not rest until you tell me what happened," I said firmly crossing my arms over my chest. Even though there was still a small part of me that fears them, I reminded myself that I need to look strong otherwise they will use the fear to their advantage.

"Arielle we will tell you tomorrow. Okay? Please, everybody is tired, the past few days have been a lot of pressure and it is slowly getting onto us."

"Fine," I said sighing. I uncrossed my arms and slouched my shoulders. My eyes felt heavy probably from the lack of sleep. I walked over to Romulus slowly. As I reached closer to him I couldn't help but wonder what happened to Zavion. Was he really that strong or were his nails that long? Is he a werewolf too?

"Come on, this way." Romulus walked over to the door Zavion left by. Romulus picked up a cloth from the table and walks over to the door where he wraps the cloth over the doorknob before he can do anything else somebody spoke.

"You lied to me!" I turned my head to see Ace looking angrily towards the older man. The older man scrunched his eyebrows in confusion.

"What are you talking about Ace?" the older man asked.

"You lied to me about Arielle being my mate."

 *__________________________*

Hi everyone!

How have you all been? What did you think of this chapter? What do you think is going to happen next? What do you think Ace is going to do? What do you think the green color nails mean?

Love to know your thoughts!

Thank you so much for the 10,200 plus reads! And thank you so much for the 300 plus votes! 

This book was #615 on Fantasy hot list!! 

Vote Goal - 10

Vote 

Comment

Follow

TTBMBFF