Chapter 38--Aries

Aries

I walk out of class, head held high. When I get to my vespa, I see a figure in a helmet leaning against it. She opens the tinted visor and i see that it's Solies. I break out into a grin.

"Solies! Wa-how are you here?" She grins.

"I found your school, and plus, I wanted to ride your Vespa. . ." she gestures around her. " So. . .can you drive us? I rode a bus here, so we might have a problem if you can't." I laugh.
"Of course. Let me get it turned around first." I quickly put on my helmet and pull the vespa out of it's parking space.
"Hop on." She gets on.
"Um. . .Aries. What do I hold on to?"
"My waist. .. if that's ok." I could almost hear her smile.
"That's perfectly ok." We drove off, my grin getting wider every minute. This has been an amazing day. First my dream class, then an opportunity to get back at my enemy, and now a date with my soulmate.

I'm going to beat him, I think with certainty. We are going to beat him.

We arrive fairly quickly. The bagel place was surprisingly busy for the time of day, and most of the parking spaces were full. I find one a couple of rows back, then we dismount. I put our helmets on the ground next to the Vespa, then take Soleis' hand, feeling brave.
We walk up to the door, and I pause.
"Crap, I left my purse in the back of my Vespa. Hold on, I'll run back and get it," I say, and kiss her hand lightly before dropping it.

I run across the parking lot to my Vespa and grab my purse from the storage container on the back. I hold it up triumphantly and Solies grins and gives me a thumbs up. I grin at the sight of her, how she stood, her smile, her everything. At that moment, I realize it. I've been falling in love with her.

I think I. . . love her.

I break into a run, not taking my eyes off Solies as if I'm afraid she'll disappear. I watch her eyes widen, and hear the screech of tires. I turn my head in time to see the front of a car coming towards me.

The impact rips the breath from my chest. I feel myself being thrown into the air, and I manage to cover my head. Time seems to freeze the moment before I hit the ground. I see Soleis began to run, run towards me. I slightly smile. I love you, I try to say, but time resumed and I hit the ground, my thoughts ending with that.

I love you Solies.