Chapter 37-- Soleis

Soleis

I wake to the smell of burning toast, and immediately know that Pixie fell asleep while trying to make breakfast. I drag myself out of bed and walk into the kitchen, greeted by a sleeping Pixie slumped against the counter. I sigh and take out the burnt toast, turning off the toaster. I slip in an uncooked piece of bread for when she wakes up, and decide to get ready for the day.

I opt to straighten my hair and while the iron heats up, pick out my clothes. I grab a cropped, off the shoulder shirt and a pair of low-rise denim shorts, so when I put on the shirt, you can see my stomach. I thought of Aries, wondering what she would think of it.

I walk back into the bathroom, and start to straighten my hair. When my highlights pass through the iron, they get really shiny, and they stand out harshly in my brown hair. I think it compliments me, though. I take out my retainer and decide to change my earrings. I never really do, and I've been wearing these same gold studs for the past 5 months. I put a pair of diamond studs in my second hole, and gold hoops in my first. It's a good combination, and I got both of the pairs from my grandmother.

I look at my reflection in the mirror, taking myself in. I smile, satisfied, and walk back into my room. I look at the clock and groan. It's 9:30. Still a good 7 hours until my date with Aries.

I pick up my violin from its stand and start playing the concerto. My audition is in a week, and I realize that the note that I kept screwing up on finally played in tune and I squeal. Apparently Pixie has awoken, so she came in the door, and smiled at me. I looked up at her, and she glanced at my blank wrists. There was a bit of longing in her eyes, and I felt a bit bad for her. She had yet to meet her soulmate, or her enemy, and she's not fond of dating.

She probably looks at me and Aries and wishes she had that. I wish she did, too. Pixie is a good friend of mine, and I want her to be happy. Maybe tomorrow I'll take her out somewhere, and we can have a good time. But at the current moment, I'm going to keep my plans with Aries alive.