Chapter 12--- Aries

Aries

I glanced at the time. 12:00. Blake and I have been texting since 10, when I woke up. I know know that he has two sisters, a pregnant cat named Mimi, and his favourite colour is Maroon. He's also applied for the same internship as I did, and I really hope we get to work together. I feel like that's too much to hope for though, I already found him, I should be thankful. My phone beeps with his special ringtone and I look down at it eagerly.

'Hey, have you dropped off your portfolio yet?' He asked. I quickly typed a response.

'No, what about you?' He responded immediately, as if he was waiting by the phone like I was.

'I'm going right now, do you want to go with? ' I started hyperventilating and my fingers shook as I tried to type a response.

'Sure.'

'Great! Where do you live, I'll pick you up.' I typed my address then turned my phone off and closed my eyes. My first date. I'm not one of those weirdos who think they can override fate and just choose who they're meant to be with and I just didn't want to be with someone that wasn't my soulmate. My phone pings again.

'I'll be there in 20.' I jumped to my feet. 20 minutes?! That's so soon! What will I wear? I run to my closet filled with mostly sweatshirts and groan. Why didn't I think about this? I have nothing that would be appropriate for a date! Maybe I should just cancel and go shopping so I'm more prepared for next time. I glanced at the phone and immediately kill the idea. I don't want him thinking I don't like him. I fall back onto my bed and stare at the ceiling fan. What am I going to do?

My phone rings and I grab it, seeing a Face-Time from my best friend, Alexa. Alexa is my fashion-forewords bff that I've known since kindergarten. She currently works as a publisher and lives with her boyfriend and soulmate, Benit.

I click accept and Alexa's pretty face appears on my screen.
"Ohmhgosh, hi twinsie! I haven't talked to you in forever!" By forever, she means three days. I realise with a start that I forgot to tell her about Blake.
"Yeah, I know! So much has happened!" I sit up. "Guess what?"
"What?!"
"I met my soulmate!"
Alexa squealed and I winced. Even after all these years, is not used to her squeals.
"IS HE HOT?! IS HE NICE?! WHEN DID YOU MEET? HOW DID YOU MEET? CAN I HAVE A PICTURE? ARE YOU DATING? DID HE KISS YOU? WHY ARE YOU JUST TELLING ME ABOUT THIS NOW?!"
"Yes, he's extremely hot. He's nice too! I got lucky! We met last night at like midnight and that's why I haven't gotten to tell you yet."
"What were you doing up at midnight? Still working on that violent essay-thingie?"
"No, I went to an art store to look for inspiration. I look the Vespa and it ran out of gas on the way back and Blake was nice enough to stop and give me some gas from one of those portable things you are supposed to carry around. He hugged me and I have him my number." Alexa squealed again .
"Awe! That's so cute! I totally ship you! Baries! That's your ship name! Awe!" I laugh nervously as I remember why I needed her advice.
"Um, well we both applied for the photography thing, so he's driving me there today."
"YOUR FIRST DATE!!" I smiled, glad I wasn't the only person who thought of it that way.
"But I have nothing to wear." Alexa sat up straighter.
"Okay, I'm here to help you girlie. Show me what you got." I turned the phone around so Alexa could survey my closet. She was quiet for a moment before she spoke again.
"Wow, Um, I can work with this. . . Wait! Don't you have that business-casual outfit thing that your mom got you?"
"Oh yeah!" I ran to a drawer and pulled out an odd professional looking jacket and pants.
"Will this work?" Alexa squealed, which I took for a yes and then she got another call and had to leave. I waved goodbye before shutting off my phone and changing clothes. 

I stood in front of the mirror and really looked at myself. My eyes really stood out with the outfit, but my hair kinda clashes with it. It doesn't matter, he should like me for my personality anyways.