Chapter 34-- Aries

Aries

I wake a few hours later, still leaning on Soleis. The movie is over, and she's reading a book peacefully beside me. 

I sit up and rub my eyes.

"Hi." My voice sounds groggy, like I'd been sleeping for days, not just hours. 

"Hey. How'd you sleep?" She closes her book.

"Good, peacefully." I say. Because of you, I add, but just in my head. She nods and sits up straight, leaning on me more than the couch.

 "The movie was good, but I didn't want to wake you. . ."

"Sorry I fell asleep, I wasn't bored, I swear, just tired." I blush and hope she doesn't think that I'm weird.

"It's cool. I just assumed you hadn't slept well or something, but whatever. It already happened."

"Yeah," I say and sit up a little more to support her. She leans into me a little more. I blush harder, thankful that she can't see me at the angle she's facing. Now what am I supposed to do? Should I put my arm around her? Or would that be awkward? I don't want to move and make her uncomfortable. She shifts a little, and I take the chance, wrapping my arm around her shoulders. She leans into me, her head against my side. That actually worked, I thought, and was proud of myself. She picks up her book again, flipping back to her page. She starts reading,
again, getting into the book. I notice with a smile that it's the same book she bought when she was at the bookstore with me. She flips the page quickly and continues to read intently. I watch as her facial expressions change, from a neutral face to a worried crease in her forehead. She purses her lips slightly, and I have a feeling that she's trying not to cry.  

"What happened?" She closes her book and puts her face against my shoulder.

 "My favourite character is about to die." She mumbles.

"No! That's horrible!" I gasp. She nods against me.

"I don't want to read anymore." She kicks the book onto the floor and stands up. "I'll be right back. I need to go to the bathroom." I nod and watch as she leaves.

She comes back in and smiles at me. I now notice her hair, very long for her minute size. I wonder how she grows it out like that, and it's really healthy looking.  Aside from the fact that it's curled. I've heard that it ruins your hair. But I shouldn't be talking, my hair is blue. She sits next to me again, leaning into my side and resting her head against my shoulder. She sighs and I wrap an arm around her. 

"What's up?" She just shakes her head. "Tell me, I bet I can relate." She  laughs and I giggle back.

"Fine, I'll tell you." She faces the TV again. "So, the last time I met someone, It didn't exactly work out well. They ended up not being my soulmate, and it really messed me up. I'm just kinda scared that this will turn out the same. . ." I rub her arm and think about my experience with Blake. 

"Well, I can definitely relate to that." She looks up at me, and I can see the tears swimming in her eyes. I sigh and start to tell my tale.

"I had something exactly like that, where I saw a text on his phone. That text said it all, his girlfriend even knew about it. I was kinda scared, and worried and all these emotions. But then you messaged me, and now I'm here. . ." I trail off, and a few tears roll down my cheek.  She was staring the whole time, and her tears had escaped as well. I kind of just sat there, and we cried silently for a while.

"Are. . . Are you afraid of this?" She motions to us and I frown at her, taking in her expression. She seems again on the verge of crying, and I don't really know what to say to not upset her.