Chapter Four

Like it? Love it? Hate it? Tell me in the comments! :)

I finally was able to pull my gaze away from his and I blinked rapidly. My brain wasn't working correctly, and I felt clouded. Whenever Damaris compelled me it was never this intense and usually wore off after a while, but Harry was older than him so it's only natural that his compulsion would be stronger.

"I can't believe you just did that." I whispered and didn't look at him as I did.

"It's the only way, Layla. And it'll be better for you. I can make you forget the pain and only focus on how good I can make you feel." He said lowly while leaning into me. I could feel his cool breath on my neck, and I shivered slightly.

"I don't care." I responded and shook my head.

"It's just for the first time, babe. You'll thank me whenever it doesn't hurt you."

I closed my eyes and bit my lip slightly. "You don't understand. I don't..want you to control me like that. I know I don't have a say in whatever you want to do to me, but things would be a lot easier if you didn't do that." I whispered.

He pressed his lips against my neck. "You'll get used to it, Layla. Now come on. We're here." He said gently and opened the door for me.

I didn't bother to look at him as I climbed out of the car, and I still didn't look even after he pulled me in front of him in a possessive way. I knew that was probably because he wanted to make sure no one tried to kidnap me or something because my blood was one of the only few that could actually sustain him. It felt weird knowing that I was pretty much the only thing that could keep him a live at this point.

"Here. Be careful whenever you want up the stairs because it's a bit slippery, Layla." Harry said gently as he took my hand to help me onto the stairs that led up to the biggest boat I'd ever seen in my life.

I nodded slightly and tried to keep my steps careful and reserved. I wasn't just listening to him because of the things he told me, I was doing it because I really didn't want to die yet. Not whenever this new life was just getting started. I wanted to see if it was actually worth living before I regretted it and wanted to die. Somehow I managed to safely get onto the deck, and I bit my lip as I looked around.

Everything looked almost nice, and comforting. I assumed that it was only this way because the people on board knew that a Lord was using it. The vampires would always go crazy if one of them was rumored to be coming into the Isle, but they've never really visited this Isle. That's why it was such a surprise that Harry was there, well that, and because he was the oldest and more powerful of them all.

"Let me show you where we'll be staying, Layla." Harry said from behind me and put his hand on the small of my back.

I frowned, but didn't bother to question him. It would only make sense that he'd make me stay in the same room as him and I very much doubted that this boat had multiple bedrooms on it. "Can't I stay here until the boat starts moving? I've...never seen the Isle from the outside." I said quietly. Really I just wanted to be able to tell everyone I once knew goodbye despite the fact that I knew they wouldn't be able to hear me.

He stared at me for a moment and nodded. "Sure. But keep your jacket zipped up. It's cold and I don't want you getting sick while we wait." He said sternly and led me over to the side of the boat. "Don't stand to close to the bar either because you might fall over."

I frowned. "I'm not as fragile as you may think, Harry."

"You're human, Layla. You are fragile." He retorted clearly comparing his vampire strength against my human one.