Chapter Nine

Sorry for the wait, guys. I've been off because of school, which has resulted in me being exhausted most of the time and not having the energy to write. Hope this longish chapter makes up for it though. :) Thanks for making this story climb up the charts! :DD

I settled myself into the plush leather black seat and adjusted my dress so that it wasn't bunched up my legs anymore. I moved a bit of hair out of my face before looking to Harry. "Oh? What exactly are we celebrating? I thought we were just having a dinner where you all discuss Lord type matters," I said to him.

He cocked his head for a moment as he stared at me, then without much more thinking he took my hand in his. At first I thought he only wanted to hold my hand, but he proved me wrong as he quickly attached one of the handcuffs above my head to my wrist. I rolled my eyes as I waited for him to lock the other side of the cuffs to the handle on the roof of the car. My arm was now dangling from the ceiling and I chose not to fight it.

"You know you don't have to do that," I said quietly and glanced up at my wrist with a slight sigh.

"I told you, Layla, every time we leave the house and use this car I'm using them. Tonight is no different," He said with a faint smirk on his face.

I sighed again and raised my eyebrows before letting it go. I knew it would be no use to argue with him, he was just to stubborn, even more stubborn than me. "What are we celebrating tonight exactly?" I asked, deciding to change the subject.

His smirk grew from being amused to cocky in the blink of an eye. "Haven't you forgotten what day it is, babe? It's your birthday," He responded.

I blinked. "What? You don't have to have a party for me," I said completely dumbfounded.  Catherina always did try to make a celebration out of my birthday every year, but I was never into it. I didn't have friends, so it was always just me, her, Carmella, and Daramis attending the party. We never did much anyway, just a dinner and a gift which usually consisted of some type of jewelry or dress that I never wore. Catherina never did get the point that I wasn't a girly girl, she always tried to make me dress up.

"I know that we don't have to, but I told the others about today being your birthday and we all decided to do something for you. We have a party every year for our friends, babe, so it's not like it's a big deal. Niall's seven hundred twenty-eighth is next week," He said with a shrug and a small smile.

I blinked. "How old are you guys?" I asked then pressed my lips together as I thought about how rude my words probably were. "Sorry, that was something stupid to say."

He chuckled. "Oh, don't be upset, babe. It's absolutely fine for you to be curious about that."

I bit my lip for a moment then rested my back against the seat. I felt slightly more comfortable and relaxed, but questions were racing through my mind. "So, ages?" I softly urged him, suddenly very eager for more information about the vampires I was suppose to meet tonight.

"Niall, as I said before, is going to be seven hundred and twenty eight. He's the youngest out of us. Next is Zayn, whom is nine hundred and thirty seven years old. He's very glad to not be the youngest anymore because he hated our constant teasing him for it," Harry said with a faint laugh. "Louis, who is next on the list, is just a bit over one thousand. We don't know his exact age because he's never told us, only the rough estimate. His birthday is near the end of the year and we choose to celebrate it whenever he feels like it. Liam is the second oldest, and he's two thousand, seven hundred and twelve."

I blinked. "You guys are really...old," I said slowly and laughed a bit. Age probably didn't matter to them, the older they were the more wiser they would be seen as.