Chapter Forty

>Future chapters will be posted every Friday or Saturday.<

Layla.

I didn’t know where I was, or who I was with, or even if it was safe here. The only thing I did know was that nothing was right anymore. Harry doesn’t know where I am, and he’ll run out of his back up supply of blood bags in a few days since I haven’t been adding to it, just like I was supposed to. Damaris ruined everything, and I knew that was his plan; kill Harry, and I wouldn’t belong to anyone anymore. It was stupider than my plan to contact him.

My eyes fluttered slightly, and I squeezed them shut. Something didn’t feel right about my surroundings, my body was stiff and I felt sick. My head was throbbing to the point where it was almost impossible to think. Slowly, I forced my eye lids open, and I stared up at what looked to be a brick ceiling.

I frowned.

Where the hell are we? It’s too dark. And it smells like fresh dirt.

I squinted and finally noticed the vague outline of someone off the far left, but I couldn’t make out any features. “Hello? Who’s there?” I asked, and cleared my throat. I was parched, I needed something to drink.

No one responded, but I think I saw the person shift their face down to the floor.

“Please, who are you? Can you help me?” I asked again, and started to get off of the bed, but then I realized I couldn’t. There was a chain around my ankle that kept me locked to the bed. I glared at it, and jerked at the chain, trying to see if there was some way that I could knock it loose, however, it didn’t budge. He really locked me to the dame bed.

“There’s nothing you or I can do, so you might as well stay still and silent. You’ll need your energy for what’s about to come,” The voice said, and they straightened their back to lean against the concrete wall. I now noticed dark hair, long dark hair, and the tone of voice identified this person as a female.

“What’s about to come?” I whispered, and bit my lip.

Her head turned to face me, and my eyes were beginning to adjust to the darkness. I could see that her eyes were glassy, almost as if she were seeing right through me. “You don’t want to know.”

“Emma?” I gasped out as I suddenly realized why her face looked so familiar to me.

She stilled, and looked up at the ceiling before she slumped slightly. “How do you know my name, Layla?”

“I could ask you the same thing,” I responded, and felt confusion filling my mind.

“Probably the same way you know mine,” She said, and laughed quietly. “Harry or Justin.”

“You know Harry?” I asked, and blinked a few times. Justin had mentioned that, didn’t he? I couldn’t remember very well, my memories were clouded and vague due to Damaris’ compulsion.

My head was really beginning to hurt.

She cracked a faint smile. “He practically raised me.”

“He did?”

She nodded. “My parents were killed during a rouge vampire attack on our village. He found me, two other girls, and kept us safe.”

“And that’s where you met my brother?” I asked her.

“He finally told you, I see,” Emma said, and laughed quietly. The noise was slightly shaky, and she looked so much weaker than she had in the picture Justin showed me. “So what exactly has Justin told you about me?”