Chapter Thirty-Seven

New updates will be posted on Friday or Saturday from now on, depending on when I finish the next chapter and the amount of feedback I receive on the one previously posted.

Layla.

I don't think I've ever felt so disgusting, bloody, or gross in my entire life. Not even when Harry bit me and nearly tore up my neck because he was so annoyed and angry at me. Blood was all over my face, my clothes, and it was even my hair. I sighed quietly, and slowly pulled my shirt over my head, then tossed it on the ground. Justin had told me just to leave my bloody clothes in here so he could burn them later to get rid of the scent of blood, however, because of my plan not all of the blood would be gone.

My gaze instantly shifted down to the pieces of toilet paper that were resting on the sink, and my heart race picked up as I tried to figure out what I was suppose to do with them. I had to be sneaky, that was for sure, but I was clueless about where I should leave them. Could I somehow leave them around the forest to create some kind of a bread trail, blood trail, whatever I should call it? Or should I just spread them around the cabin to make my scent stronger? I don't know how this vampire blood-scent thing works, it seems too complicated for me, and I can't ask Justin about it; he'd catch on to my plan.

Slowly, I turned on the knob on the sink so that cool water came rushing out, and began washing off my mouth, being mindful of the wound on my left hand. The small slash was still bleeding, though not as heavily as it had been before. There was a faint sting, but it was barely noticeable. I was too keyed up to really notice anything anyway, my brain could only think about my plan, and how I needed to be smart about it all. I could potentially endanger both my and Justin's life, and I really didn't want the latter to happen. I'd just gotten him back.

I used my right hand to wash away the blood that covered my face, and I almost felt better than I had. After my face was cleaned, I dried it off and pressed more toilet paper to my wound, knowing very well that I needed to actually flush some of it down the toilet to make everything seem less suspicious. I carefully stripped down all the way, taking off my underwear and sports bra along with the shorts, then wrapped a towel around myself.

"I need to take a shower," I sighed to myself, and glanced at the door. I bit my lip, and turned the door knob, pulled it up, then looked down at the floor to see the clothes that Justin had left there for me.

"Layla? Are you okay? I heard the door open," He called out, and I could hear a bit of rustling in the kitchen. He was cooking. My stomach rumbled at the thought, but the sound of food did not seem very appealing to me after what had happened. I hope a shower will change that.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I called back, and carefully picked up the clothes. "I'm taking a shower, and I needed to grab the clothes you left out here."

"Do you need any help with anything? Are you still bleeding?"

I rolled my eyes. "What happened to you not wanting to be in the cabin with me when I'm taking a shower? I'm naked right now."

The rustling paused. "All right, I get it. I won't baby you as much anymore. Just take a shower," Justin humorously responded.

I half-laughed. "That's more like it," I said in a sing-song voice before I backed up, and shut the door with my foot. I placed the clothes down on the sink, right near the small squares of toilet paper, then I checked to see if the blood was wet. Thankfully, it was still dry, so I put them between the pieces of clothes so that they'd be safe and hidden.

Despite that Justin said that being around me while showering was a boundary he'd never cross as siblings, he must have thought I was up to something, and that led me to believe he'd come to investigate. I needed to be quick, silent, and on my guard until everything was safely in motion.