Epilogue

Third Person.

Her purple eyes gleamed in the soft glow of the candle light, and as did her hair, the pale silver shimmered like it did in the sun, but it looked even more beautiful; more innocent. This was a complete contrast to what laid inside of her mind, her thoughts, which were even more evil than Lucifer himself. If he were real, he probably wouldn't even stand a chance against her. Her powers put him to shame.

She stared at herself in the mirror, and cocked her head, before her full lips turned up into a delicate smile. She felt good about herself, because tonight, she'd gotten rid of the only thing standing in the way of her and her true love. Things would be shaky between them, but once he realized that the human was just a fling, nothing more, only then would he know that the connection she and him had was real. Nothing would stand in the way of that anymore. She would make sure of it.

"I told you never to come back here," She said, sliding around on the bench of her iron black rod vanity, so that she was facing the door.

"Mother,-" Marcus began, but she was quick to her feet, and slapped him with such force that his nose began to bleed.

"Do not call me that," She hissed between her teeth. Her eyes were glowing brighter than before, and she could practically feel the purple irises turning red, but she resisted it. "You're not my son anymore. You failed me. I wish that I would never have listened to Harry and just stabbed myself when I originally wanted."

He looked hurt as he wiped the blood away from his nose, and then bowed his head. "How can I make this up to you?"

She laughed. "There is nothing you can do. I told you to send the human to me, and roughen him up. You didn't get the girl to me, and you nearly killed him."

"I hate him," Marcus said through his teeth, and looked up at the woman who had given him life; not by her choice, obviously, but it was still true. He owed her everything, and only wanted to make her happy. Which he failed to do. "And he feels indifferent toward you. Why do you care for him?"

Her slender fingers wrapped around his throat. She felt like a cobra; sleek, slim, and ready to pounce a moment's notice. And he was her prey. The thought made her smile. "Because he just needs a bit of reasoning. Now that I've taken care of the human, he and I will see eye to eye much more clearly. He'll no longer have to hide behind her. He'll be mine now." She laughed, and felt glee at the thought of how he would take her in his arms, and never let her go again. He would keep her, love her, and protect her, despite that she didn't need the latter. She could obviously take care of herself, but it would be a nice thought.

Marcus stared at her for a few seconds, weighing his options and word choices very carefully. "What will you have me do, mother? I want to help make you happy."

She rolled her eyes, and shoved him away. "I told you not to call me that, and I won't be saying it again," She threatened him, through her teeth. Her patience was wearing very thin. "You'll do nothing for me, there's only one thing that could ever make me happy at this moment."

Before he could speak, her hand shoved into his chest and she laughed while she jerked his heart from his chest. He stared at her for a few seconds, shock clouding his features as he fell down to his knees, then onto his side, and finally his back. His eyes discolored and turned gray before sinking into his skull. He began to mummify right before her.

Emilia smiled again, and tossed the heart in her hand into the nearby fireplace. She felt glee again knowing that the one person in her long life that had disappointed her time and time again was finally gone and out of her life.

She walked back over to her vanity and smirked as she heard a familiar foot pattern walk down the hallway of her home, and into her bedroom. "Dispose of that, will you?" She asked, nodding toward the carcass of her dead son.