Chapter Five

Hope you enjoy. xx

"Do you need help working the bath?" Harry asked after he had finished showing me where the various hair products, body wash, and towels were kept. He said I could choose whatever I wanted as they had different scents.

I bit my lip slightly and held the night gown given to me closer to my body. "No. I'll figure it out on my own. Thanks though." I said quietly.

He walked over to me and touched my cheek with his cold fingers. "You don't have to be afraid of me, Layla. I'm not going to hurt you."

I gulped a bit. "I know. Not unless I break the rules you've set."

His lips tugged up in a slight smile. He seemed to like how nervous I was, and that was apparent in how his body language was around me. Almost like he knew he was better than me in every possible way. "And you won't break them, I know that because you're smart enough to know this is what's best for you." He said softly and left the bathroom, making sure to shut the door behind him.

I let out a long breath of relief as I was finally able to be on my own. My fingers twisted the lock on the door despite the fact that I knew it was silly. Harry was a vampire and he could very well break the door off it's hinges faster than I could blink if he wanted to. I guess it just made me feel safer to realize he couldn't come in without me knowing that way, no matter how quiet he was.

Just as I was about to pick out what hair products and body wash I would use, there was a knock at the door. I stiffened slightly. "Yeah?" I asked quietly, knowing very well that Harry could have heard me easily with his super hearing. 

"Open the door, Layla." He said sternly.

I gulped and slowly walked over to the door then tried to both unlock it and turn the knob with fumbling fingers. Once I finally managed it I opened the door and looked at the stoned face vampire in front of me. "Is something wrong?" I asked and tried not to look afraid.

His face thawed from stone, and he laughed quietly. "No. Didn't mean to scare you, but I think you forgot to ask for something." He said and held up a black pair of lacy underwear.

My face turned completely red as I saw the way they dangled from his index finger. They looked innocent enough, but did they have to do be revealing? "Do you have another pair that I can wear?" I asked in a small voice.

Harry cocked his head. "Probably one in a different color. Don't you like them? I'm pretty sure they'll fit you."

"They're lacy." I said deadpanned. 

He shrugged. "So is the nightgown. At least they'll match." He said and held out the underwear to take.

I frowned and slowly took them with trembling fingers. "Thanks, I guess."

"Layla, you don't have to be nervous about my choices for you to wear. I assure you that when we'll be in public I'll choose something for you that isn't like this. These are for my eyes only." He said while leaning against the door frame.

My thumb rubbed against the fabric, and I sighed quietly. They were satin and lace, much like the night gown. Suddenly I was beginning to feel like some sort of personal prostitute for him. "You're going to be picking out everything I wear from now on?"

He shrugged. "I don't want you wearing something that will cause people to look at you."

"Harry, I'm not, erm, what I usually wear is what I was wearing today. I don't like frilly things like this." I said and held up the night gown and underwear.

"It's only to wear tonight, Layla. We'll go shopping or something later on this week for you to pick things you actually want. Now, go take a bath and be out in about an hour. You'll need rest for tomorrow." He said in a stern manner before he gently shut the door.