Chapter Fourteen

Quite a bit happens in the chapter, and I hope it isn't to rushed or anything. Enjoy. xx

It was as if my life were pouring out of my body, down my neck and dripping down onto my clothing. I couldn't fathom what was happening, well, not until I heard his moans and groans of approval toward my taste. My eyes opened and I twitched slightly, but then cried out in the pain it caused. I squeezed my eyes shut once more and gritted my teeth. "Harry, please stop," I gasped out.

He pulled away and looked at me. My blood coated his face and dripped down his chin in a very unattractive manner. "Don't test me anymore. You got that?"

A soft sob escaped my lips and I nodded in spite of the pain. "Yes, yes," I whispered.

He brought his wrist up to his mouth and bit into it before pressing the wound against my slightly parted lips. I was far to weak to push it away, so the strange liquid poured down my throat at such a rate that I began to gag and cough, but he wouldn't allow me to pull away. It was as if he liked to see me suffer now all of sudden.

Finally, he pulled his wrist away and stepped away from me. I fell to the ground and his blood spurted out of my mouth as I coughed loudly in order to be able to breath again. I clutched my throat and began to cry once more. The tears wouldn't stop this time, and for once my cries weren't from stupid self-loathing; no, this time, they were from absolute and total fear.

"I told you. I can't kill you, but I can sure as hell punish you, Layla. You need to learn your place as my blood servant," He spat down to me.

I pressed my face into the carpet I was currently staining, and quietly cried against it. I couldn't even make myself look up at him.

"Get up," He ordered me, and after a few seconds of seeing that I wasn't going to respond, his foot jutted out and kicked my side with such force the wind was knocked out of me. "I said get up. Don't make me break a bone, Layla, because it's painful as hell for vampire blood to fix a broken bone."

I slowly managed to pull myself up from the floor, while hugging my side. I felt like a mess, and I knew I was a mess due to the fact that I was covered in blood, my own blood. Harry didn't look much different because his skin and clothing was also stained with my blood, but on him it looked so much more natural. He truly was a cold blooded killer, just like I had always been told.

"Now," He began with a stern look in his eyes, "I want you to eat your breakfast then clean up."

"Like this? You want me to eat something covered in my own blood?" I whispered in disbelief.

"Yes," He responded without any hesitation. "Now finish your plate."

***

I dragged myself out of the room, and down the long hallway toward my bedroom. I felt sick, and disgusted with myself despite the fact that I should feel good as new. I wiped my mouth and instantly felt sick to see that my hand was covered in blood. However, I didn't even know if it was mine, Harry's, or a mixture. Today had begun terrible, and it was my fault. I pushed him too far, and I stuck my nose in his business when I shouldn't have. I had no one to blame but myself, not him despite that he took it too far. Everyone acted rash and out of anger when provoked, and just because he was a vampire it didn't make him any different.

"Layla?" A soft voice came from behind me.

I looked over my shoulder, and quickly looked away. "Lindsay, leave me alone. I have to clean myself up," I said, just above a whisper so she could hear me. My fingers wrapped around my bedroom door knob, and I ignored the fact that I was staining it and the door with blood.