43. Lucid Dreaming

"So he turned into a little girl, acted like he was kidnapped and ran away once a group of construction workers stopped you guys?" Tori asks Caitlin who nods and sighs.

"And where's Iris?"

"With Joe" Caitlin replies.

"So this Hannibal Bates has turned into quite the meta-human" Dr. Wells interrupts, rolling in,"Take a look" he says, pointing at the screen.

"His cells have the ability to transmogrify at quite the rate"

"Which is how he can become anyone?" Tori asks.

"Which is how he can look like anyone" Wells corrects her,"Because he cannot appropriate your memory or your powers" he smirks.

"Hands on the meta-human?" Barry smirks as well.

"Hands on the meta-human" Dr. Wells confirms, making Tori and Barry turn to each other and high five.

"Aye" she says as she does.

"And to help you do that, Dr. Snow has concocted a solution we believe will stop him" Wells points at Caitlin so she could explain it to them.

"Well, with some help from Brooke, I've made a serum that will create a cortical reaction around his cells. Deprive those cells of their electrical charge, his shape-shifting days are over" she says, holding up the tube.

"Wow that's pretty cool" Tori says as the meta-human alert on the computer went off.

"Bates is at the airports" Tori says after checking.

By the end of the day, Hannibal Bates was locked up and Eddie was freed.

It was around 6 pm when Cisco called Tori, telling her to have everyone meet Joe and him in Barry's lab at the precinct.

So Caitlin, Barry, Tori, Joe, and Cisco gathered around a carcass, Caitlin standing next to Cisco who showed her proof of the DNA of the dead guy matching with Harrison Wells.

"This isn't possible" Caitlin says, astonished.

"I ran the DNA twice. Its a perfect match" Cisco looks up at the decaying body,"this body is the real Harrison Wells"

"I knew something was shady about that guy" Tori crosses her arms,"but that leaves us with one question: Who have we been working with this whole time?"

"McGee said that after the accident, Wells became a completely different person" Barry says,"it's because he is a different person"

"That's creepy" Tori replies, getting chills.

"Should we let Brooke in on this? I mean she's basically working with him now, too" Cisco asks.

Tori is silent for a few seconds before nodding her head,"yeah. Yeah I'll tell her when we get home. I feel bad for leaving her out of all this but I'm not the only one he's trying to kill in the Baker family" she sighs.

"Let's get back to Star Labs" Barry decides and the three other employees nod, Joe leaving.

Once the four are in the cortex, Cisco begins looking at some blueprints on the computers.