48. Wells, Wells, Wells

It was the next day and Tori was asleep in the chair, dehydrated and malnourished, the serum still dampening her powers.

She still didn't know where the hell she was but she knew she wasn't too far out of Central City.

Eobard wasn't there when she woke up, making her sigh in relief.

She thought about how much she missed everyone in Star Labs. How much she's going to miss them when Eobard's plan works.

She didn't want to believe that she couldn't stop this, but she had no choice.

She was trapped in the building with no powers and no way to get out.

At that point, she'd rather die then and now.

She just sat there all day, no entertainment. Just her and her thoughts.

She wondered if the team gave up on looking for her. She wondered if they thought she was dead.

She wondered if Barry was deciding to move on because she was dead.

She wondered everything possible to wonder while she was locked up, starving.

Dying.

And Eobard's wish of her being killed was slowly coming true.

Back at the lab, Cisco was searching endlessly for any sign of Tori anywhere while Barry was on the streets.

"Still got nothing, Barry" Cisco says into the mic.

"Keep looking!"

"I can't, dude! I've tried everything!" Cisco yells, frustrated and Barry runs back into the cortex.

"She can't just disappear, Cisco"

"Unless she's dead" Caitlin says quietly.

"No. She's not dead. Keep looking" Barry says, "go further out. She can't be too far because I know Wells keeps coming back to Central City"

Cisco rolls his eyes, also losing hope like Caitlin.

"Come on guys! You can't really think she's..." Barry starts but slowly fades off.

"Dead?" Caitlin fills for him before standing up,"Barry, don't you think she'd be back by now"

"It's only been a week" he reasons.

"It's been almost two" Cisco sighs, his breath shaky.

"Come on, Cisco"

"No, Barry" he shakes his head before getting up,"I'm going to Jitters" his voice cracks as tears brim his eyes, thinking of his best friend.

"Guys..." Barry tries to bring them back as Caitlin follows Cisco, leaving Barry alone in the cortex.

He takes a seat, resting his elbows on the table before hiding his head in his hands.

A tear falls down his cheek, feeling alone in this battle now.

He needed Tori.

His Tori.

His love.

He needed her. More than anything right now.

And he would do anything to get her back.

***

Joe, Iris, Caitlin, Barry, Cisco and Brooke were all gathered in the cortex later that night, everyone hopeless. The only ones with hope were Brooke and Barry.