4. Being A Hero

"Barry!" Tori shouted into the mic.

"What? Did I miss it?"

"You overshot by about six blocks, dude" Cisco informed him and the computer showed him on the move again.

After a couple seconds of watching the red dot that represented Barry going in and out of the building saving one person at a time, they hear a familiar voice.

"Who were you talking to?" Caitlin's voice filled the room and immediately Cisco and Tori shut down the computers.

"No one" they said simultaneously.

"Are you talking to Barry?" she suspects.

"Who?" Cisco says dumbly and Tori glares at him for being so smart but so stupid at that moment.

"Barry Allen? You're best friend," She points to Tori and Tori raises her eyebrow, "Struck by lighting? Was in a coma for nine months? Woke up being able to run faster than the speed of sound? Ring a bell?" Caitlin crossed her arms and Tori decided to play along.

"Nope. Haven't talked to him since-"

"Cisco, Tori, there's fire everywhere! Guys are you still there?"

Cisco and Tori closed their eyes and sighed in defeat before turning around, knowing the older cousin was glaring at them and would soon take the mic to talk to Barry.

"C'mon Bartholomew" Tori groaned, knowing Barry just gave them all a ticket to Caitlin's lectures.

"What else you got for me, guys?" He spoke again and Caitlin walked up to the mic before pressing the button.

"Barry, it's Caitlin" she said sternly into the mic.

"Oh heyyy Caitlin, how's your day" Barry says awkwardly, trying to make it seem like nothing was happening, making Tori laugh and Caitlin glare at her.

"Get back to STAR Labs. Now" she says in what Tori likes to call her "Cold as Snow" voice.

Get it. Because Caitlin Snow.

God, I'm hilarious.

"On my way" Barry said quickly and in less than ten seconds he was in the cortex, ready for Caitlin to yell at them.

"Have you guys lost your minds? Who do you think you are?" Cait blew up.

"Well, I'm the eyes, she's the ears, and he's the feet." Cisco points to each of them, smiling innocently.

"This isn't funny. You could have gotten yourself killed-"

"But we didn't!" Tori piped in happily making Caitlin glare at her again.

"You can't be running around the city like some supersonic fireman"

"Why not? This is what we talked about: Me using my speed to do good" Barry retorted.

"We talked about you helping us contain other people who might have been affected by the particle accelerator explosion" Caitlin explains

"Meta-humans" Tori grumbled at the fact Cait didn't use the terminology Tori herself came up with.

"And aside from Clyde Mardon, we haven't found any. People in this city still need help," Barry sighed before continuing, "and I can help them. We can help them." Barry finishes as Dr. Wells wheels into the cortex.