37. Happiness

"How far along?" Caitlin asks calmly.

"About 3 months" Brooke replies and everyone looks at her stomach that was hidden underneath a baggy shirt.

"Is that why you haven't been on the field recently?" Barry asks and she nods.

"Yeah, I haven't been 'physically able' or at least that's my excuse"

"Does he know about-"

"No. I don't want him to know"

"Have you ever thought that telling him may stop him from trying to kill us?" Tori asks.

"I have but knowing him, the power has gone to his head. He will still want to kill you all" she replies.

Tori nods before sighing,"alright...just um...you will stay in here until we figure something out, okay?" She says while walking up to the cell and Brooke nods.

"We will help you" Tori assures Brooke before walking out of the pipeline.

The team follows her out before Cisco, Caitlin and Barry are with her, Cisco and Caitlin by her sides while Barry walked behind them.

"How can we even know if she's telling the truth?" Cisco asks.

"Because she is" Tori replies.

"And how do you know she's not just here to be on the inside and kill us all on her own without the control of David?" Caitlin asks, making Tori stop.

"Because when I gave her a knife to kill me, she walked into the cell with no fight. I closed my eyes and gave her an open target to my heart. She doesn't want to kill me, she doesn't want to kill us. I trust her" Tori says and Barry nods.

"I do, too. She just wants to get away from David, have a child without a psychopathic dad" Barry says.

"Okay...well how can we help her then?" Caitlin asks.

"I can make earpieces that will create a blockage around her brain. It should keep her safe from David controlling her as long as she has them in" Cisco explains,"and I can also make a type of cuff/bracelets that, if she does become controlled or anything, they restrict her powers"

"Alright. Well, get to me when you've finished those or need help" Tori says before walking off with everyone up into the cortex.

                              ***

"I came with food. I hope you like Big Belly Burger" Tori says, holding a few bags of food as she walks into the pipeline where her sister was kept a couple of hours later.

"My favorite" Brooke says standing up.

"I'm sorry you have to stay in here. Cisco's working hard to get your gadgets made" Tori chuckles before opening the slot where she can put a bag of BBB to her.

"Don't worry, I'm fine" Brooke assures her.

"Well, how are you feeling? With the baby and all"

"I think I'm doing good"

"You've almost passed your first trimester. Have you gotten a check up yet? Or at all?"

Brooke shakes her head.

"Alright, don't eat yet, I'll be back" Tori says before teleporting to the cortex.

"Do we have an ultrasound?" She asks.

"There actually might be one upstairs" Caitlin says.

"Why do we have an ultra sound?" Cisco pops his head from the side room.