Spring Day

First up.... I'm so hyped to see the "Not Today" MV... I love the song and Jungkook saying "Gun Ready Fire" can slay me any day.

Back to theories!!! I almost didn't write this because since Blood Sweat and Tears, I have been like "My brain doesn't wanna!! Let other people do the theories" but now BTS are continuing to expand my reading list and I need to talk about the new MV and its literary connection.

In the MV, the hotel sign says "Omelas" and the album is called "You Never Walk Alone". There's a story from 1973 called "The Ones Who Walk Away From Omelas" by Ursula K. Le Guin. Each comeback has been related to a story, the previous ones being "Peter Pan" and "Demian". I wonder if this storyline is ever going to have an ending or it's just going to have continual connections cause I'm bloody confused. I haven't read "Omelas" but I'm sure the MV have all these connections to the story line that can't be fully appreciated until you read the book... or go on sparknotes... or read other people's connections.

Anyway, what really got me in this MV was the fact that Jimin was holding shoes and then he hung them up on a tree... something you do when the owner of those shoes have died. These aren't Jimin's shoes though, he had blue shoes and he hung up white shoes. In the "Run" promo picture, Jin was the only one wearing shoes... and they happened to be white shoes. So its possible Jin could have died. Although, they might be someone else's shoes... the thing is, someone's died.

Jimin has all these shots at the beach and in Jin's polaroid photo from "The Prologue" where he asks the others "shall we go here?" there is a faint picture of a beach. It looks the same as the one Jimin is standing on. Jimin is probably mourning his friend cause he is no longer with him. The whole song is about missing someone who is no longer there and so Spring feels like Winter. That's why it's snowing in "Spring Day".

One last thing I want to point out is... WHERE'S JIN'S POLAROID??? He made a shape of it with his hands in the stairs scene but... it's no longer with him. I think he's trying to tell us that the pictures he took in his polaroid before are important and now that his hands are empty, an aspect of the images are empty... like how he disappeared in some of the images... or he was suddenly alone when he wasn't before. Idk... maybe I'm stretching a bit.

Note: I might not publish a "Not Today" theory chapter as I will be away without a laptop... But if I do, it will most likely be a week late. I wonder who BTS are running away from in the teaser :O

*Is impatiently waiting for the new episode of Hwarang to come out* I need the last 4 episodes now... The King is so pretty, and I think Kim Taehyung's character has a crush on dog bird, but I ship him with the canon gay guy.