Chapter 34 | Wedding

Ashley POV

The day after the Shabbat dinner at Jake's parents' house found me sitting on the couch, on the phone with none other than Jake. I thought it only fitting to thank the family for last night. Ashton disagreed. And I regarded his opinion as invalid.

"Your sister was so nice last night, I'm so happy for them," I gushed.

I could feel him smiling through the phone. "Yeah, she is."

"Jake, is there something wrong?" I heard Ashton scoff from behind me. Yes, I was being a bit unfair, I should have been spending time with him while I had the time, but I was trying to make it a short phone call. It would be over soon enough, then we could be together.

"No...nothing's wrong in particular," he enunciated slowly, "it's just I'm not this huge fan of my sister."

"Has something happened between you two?" I started getting worried. I hated bad relationships within a family. It was kind of hypocritical of me, considering the fact that I hardly ever saw or talked to my parents, but there was a reason that I didn't like those relationships.

"Nothing recent," he clarified quickly. "It's just when we were younger, I would really look up to her, and she would just put me down, you know? Unintentionally, of course, but...it happened," he finished quietly. Then added, "She's not like that now, it just always stuck with me."

That made sense, I quietly thought. There was no wonder he liked One Direction and quickly denied that he was gay. It was a shame that he was lacking so much confidence.

"So...what changed?" I asked, letting the curiosity get the better of me.

"She was always popular, so when she left school, I was kind of the popular one. Then she started to be nicer and kind of 'showed me how to take the reins,' as she put it," he explained, making me smile.

"That's cute." I caught Ashton's scowl and quickly mumbled into the phone, "Listen, Jake, I'll text you later, 'kay? Ashton and I are gonna go out."

"Yeah, sure, no problem. See ya."

I sighed in relief and smiled. "Thanks, Jake. Bye." I hung up.

I turned to Ashton. "How 'bout we go out now, babe, yeah?" I smiled hopefully, and he just huffed and got up, going to the door and down to the car to wait. Well, I expected worse, so that was good. I'd just have to make the best of it. I'd somehow convince him that I didn't like Jake like that.

**********

Somehow, it was already time for Allison's wedding. The decorations were stunning, all the guests looked fantastic, the food looked impeccable, her dress was gorgeous, and Ashton looked hotter than I'd ever seen him before.

In my bedroom before the wedding, I spun around in my dress, feeling beautiful, myself. Ashton looked at me with a smile on his face. I knew he didn't care for this entire event much, but he was being courteous and going nonetheless. I liked to believe he was doing it to make me happy, but he kind of was a celebrity and had a reputation to hold up.

Despite it all, he got up and kissed me, telling me I looked beautiful. I grinned like a fool. "You don't look too bad yourself." I winked at him. Okay, so I was kind of a loser, but it was okay. I had Ashton to be loserly with me.

"Shall we make a Keek, babe?" Ashton smirked. He and the boys loved to make Keeks. I asked him to try his best not to make Keeks around me, because I didn't really have time in my life for stupid hate, but I decided that I was too happy today to let anything bother me. I agreed and he smiled.

After he had set everything up, we made one of the cutest Keeks ever possible.

"Hey guys, so Ashley and I are going to our friend's wedding. How do you think we look? I know she looks hot, but I kind of need to make a good impression, so tell us how I look!" He smiled toothily and I giggled and kissed his cheek.

After the recording was over, he asked me why I didn't talk. I shrugged. I didn't know, but I still thought it was the cutest Keek he had ever made. Then I smirked. "You really think I look hot, Ashton?"

He nodded. "I really do babe."

I moved closer. "Really?"

He licked his lips as his eyes glanced at mine. "Really."

And in the middle of our passionate kiss that left me with tingles running throughout my body, his phone blew up. How nice of the boys to spam him with texts about how much they wanted to barf because of our Keek.

"Hey, babe," Ashton asked me, "you wanna read the comments, or not? Because these fans love you."

I blushed and smiled. "Are you playing me for a fool, Ashton Irwin?"

"No, seriously!" He hadn't caught my joke. He showed me anyway. My smile only grew bigger as I read all of the wonderful comments. There were some that were hate, sure, but as I looked at them, I realized how ridiculous they sounded and I gave a watery laugh. It warmed my heart to see so many people whom I didn't even know defending me and telling me how much they loved me.

I made a vow to steal Ashton's phone one day when he was in the shower or something and leave a Keek thanking everyone so much. I never wanted to be that girlfriend who just tweeted random thank you's. I was going to be in the fans lives. I wanted to show them how much I loved them back. Leaving a tweet didn't mean anything. Telling them from the bottom of my heart, where they could see my face and know that it wasn't just another person from management using my Twitter; that would mean something, as much to me as to the rest of them, I hoped.

And a few days later, I did exactly that. "Hey guys," I whispered. "Ash is in the shower, but I was just reading some of your comments and I want you guys to know that there's no possible way that you love me more than I love you. And I just wanted to thank you. Time's about to be over, but I truly love you all, and hopefully I can steal his phone more often." I blew a kiss, then the time cut off. Later, #phonethief was trending all over the social media, and I felt even more loved than I thought could be possible.

A different Keek found me running away from Ashton who had seen me on his phone. I was giggling and the only thing my brilliant mind could think of was, "Guys, I'm a fan just like you, so don't worry, once you meet them, we can all have a wonderful relationship together. Hey Ash, how do you feel about a 2-million-some?" Then, #5sosorgy was trending. Suffice to say, I was the coolest person ever.

As of the day of the wedding, however, I had to just keep my nose from running too much. I was so emotional. I didn't know how Ashton could deal with me. "Let's go, yeah? I think we're ready. I'll just call the car." Then he left the room to go call the car, as he had said, but he tactfully left his phone with me so that I could read the comments. They went on and on. I didn't understand how there were so many comments; we had just posted the Keek a few minutes ago, but I guess that was what came with being famous.

**********

We stood up as the bride started walking down the aisle. She was actually glowing. Her eyes were sparkling and her skin was as vibrant as ever. She looked like the picture-perfect bride. As she reached Brad, I saw his face and I saw all of the love he held for her. Ashton and I had talked it over, neither of us understood how Allison could love Brad so much and vice versa when he was always so rude, but they did love each other. We agreed: that was all that really mattered.

The Winnie in me said, No, their marriage won't survive well unless they can make it work. I disregarded it. They would make it work, I hoped. Just then, as they read each other's vows, Ashton held my hand. I glanced at him and smiled. This was a beautiful wedding. They were really in love, despite Brad's behavior. I didn't think I would ever really, truly like Brad, but I would tolerate him and be kind to him.

I told myself that I didn't know how Allison could love him despite it all, but deep down, I understood.

During the reception, Ashton and I danced and laughed the night away.

**********

boy by lm to the side bc lets face it jesy is the hottest thing ever.

and also a pic of cailtlyn to the side

ashley x