Chapter 2 | The Worst Feeling in the World

Ashley POV

Al and I both got out of her car, at our breaking point of excitement.

As we got out of the car, I looked around. It was a plain old neighborhood, nothing special. We had parked more than a couple of blocks away from the arena because of the serious lack of parking. However, the area had a sort of glamor to it.

The excitement must have been getting to me.

I think Al had felt it too, because her voice had a sort of shy anticipation in it. "You ready?" she asked.

"Not really. You?" I replied.

"Same," she said. "Let's go."

We could hear the screaming girls from a block and a half away, and we could see their bright neon posters from a little less than a block away. I felt bad for the people who lived near to the arena and had to constantly deal with this.

We didn't know what we had expected. This was a One Direction concert.

"Hey," I said, "what time is it right now?"

Al checked her phone. "4 o'clock," she said, "What time does the concert start?"

"6:30," I said.

We gave each other a look. "Snack bar." We both nodded.

The line was...long. Well that was an understatement. By the time there were only four people in front of us, I had to pee...badly.

In the end, I bought two cookies, two water bottles, and a small bag of sea-salt-and-vinegar-flavored Kettle Brand chips. I bought all of that for myself. Yes, I had my random cravings just like any other eighteen-year-old. Plus, the water bottles would be for when I got majorly dehydrated from all the dancing and jumping around that I knew I was going to be doing.

After that, I ran for the restroom. Ladies and gentlemen, Ashley Aimer, the girl with the bladder the size of a peanut.

Al and I both realized that we had left our posters in the car (we basically hated ourselves after that), so I volunteered to go back to the car and get them, my excuse being that I needed to "burn off the chips and cookies."

Walking back to the arena with the posters in my hands, I realized that this was actually happening. My best friend and I were actually about to meet our idols. But there was just one thing standing in the way.

Waiting for a concert.

The absolute worst feeling in the world.

***********************

feel free to punch that vote button in the face as if it were jensen ackles bc mhm i would like to punch him in the face bABE

ashley x