Chapter 26 | Smoothies, Starbucks, and Sleep

Ashley POV

"Oh my God!" I screeched. I had only just pulled my towel around my body after my shower, as Ashton had ran into my bathroom and slammed the door behind him frantically, not realizing I was here until I had screamed.

"What are you doing in here?" I screamed.

"Shhh!" He ran up to me and held his hand over my mouth, still not acknowledging the towel wrapped around my body. His adrenaline hadn't caught up to him yet.

I licked his hand so as to get him off of me, which worked obviously. "Gross," he whispered disgustedly. "Just shut up, will you?"

I put my hand on my hip. "Who's gonna make me?"

"Don't be sassy now, please? It's really not the time."

"Would you care to tell me why you are in my bathroom right after I got out of my shower?" I asked.

It was then that he realized the situation we were in. He blushed a ferocious shade of magenta, quickly spinning around and covering his eyes at the same time.

"Um, I kind of pranked Michael while he was texting that girl - what was her name again? - Jodie? Yeah, Jodie," he said, embarrassed.

"Wait, what? How did he get her number?" I asked, forgetting that I should have been mad at him.

"From what I understood, Mike asked Luke to ask Kate for Jodie's number."

"What? Why wouldn't Mike just ask me?"

"Don't ask me! Can we just be quiet though? If Mike finds me, I'm dead," he urged.

"What did you even do to him?" I asked, befuddled.

"I, uh, may have come up behind him and poured a bucket of ice down the back of his shirt," he trailed off.

I chuckled. "You really are dead, bro. Sucks for you."

He scoffed quietly. "Gee, thanks. Glad I can come to you for support."

"You usually can. Just not when I'm naked. Speaking of," I continued, seeing his ears turn red from the back of his head, "I kind of need to get dressed and my clothes are in my bedroom. Do you mind?"

He was still blushing, but he spoke with a cheeky tone. "I do mind, now that you mention it."

"What?" I snapped. "Ashton I can easily yell over to Michael right now and tell him that you're in here, so you're in no position to be cheeky."

"Fine, go ahead," he grumbled and moved from the door with his hands still over his eyes. I was allowed passage to my bedroom and was about to open the door when it was opened for me by Michael.

During some point that my back was turned to him, Ashton had removed his hands from his eyes and was clearly staring at my butt. Unfortunately Michael took that, along with the fact that I was only wearing a towel and we were both in the bathroom together, to mean something extremely far from the truth.

"Holy - shi-"

But I had placed one hand over his mouth, turned him around, walked him straight out of the door to my bedroom, and slammed it on him. I then proceeded to lock the door and yell through the wood, "I'll explain later, and it's totally not what you think, but I need to change now! Thanks Mikey-boo!"

"Use protection, children!" he screamed through the door.

I blushed. "We're not doing anything of the sort, idiot!"

I then turned back around and sqeaked when my towel slipped a little bit. I grabbed hold of it quickly and pulled it back up, blowing some hair out of my face while doing so. Thankfully, it didn't slip too low as to reveal anything. Unluckily, however, it had slipped down just enough to make Ashton (whom I had forgotten was still in the room and staring at me) even more aware that I was naked with only a towel on.