Chapter 4 | Sight

Boy was my sight something to see right now. A lot of people took their sense of sight for granted, but let me tell you, I certainly didn't. Not at this moment.

Each of the boys came out of the van, making me go deaf and making my heart skip a beat.

I would have screamed but I couldn't even find my voice if I wanted to. Ashton had been my happiness for so long. I would be watching one of the band's videos and I'd find myself just staring at him beating on his cajón with a huge grin on my face.

"BABY YOU LIGHT UP MY WORLD LIKE NOBODY ELSE!" The girls screamed as they waved their posters around, completely cutting off my thoughts and reminding me to live in the actual, real world.

"Ow!" Al exclaimed.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Someone pinched me!"

We turned around and saw a young boy of about the age of fifteen or sixteen walking away from us.

I looked back at Kate and saw she had an incredulous look on her face, probably matching mine.

"Did you just pinch her butt?" Kate accused, grabbing his shoulder and stopping him from walking away.

The boy paused. "No?" He asked moreso than said.

I decided that Kate and I were playing good-cop/bad-cop.

"What's your name?" I asked, gently.

"Uh, I'm Jake..." he said.

"Well, Jake," Kate's voice was a deadly calm, "I'm going to ask you once, not to touch her ever - again."

He was practically trembling. Coward, I thought, amused.

"Just don't do it again," I said gingerly.

"I - Okay...." He trailed off, obviously not trusting me completely.

I smiled, feeling awkward inside, but obviously not going to let it show. "So what are you doing at a One Direction concert anyway?"

"Um...my sister made me come," he said, looking anywhere but me.

"What's the real reason?"

He looked at me inquisitively. "How did you know I was lying?"

"She's very good at telling when people lie," Kate interjected, before I could utter a word.

He sighed. "Fine, Iike One Direction's music," he admitted, "But I'm not gay," he quickly defended.

"Okay," I said, putting my hands up in defense. He looked relieved.

"Now do you promise not to ever do that to anyone, ever again?" Kate asked, her finger pointing at him, and reminding me extremely of an old lady chastising her grandchildren.

"Yeah, I promise," he said, still looking scared of Kate.

"Good. As long as you don't do that anymore, then we can be friends." I smirked at his hopeful face.

Kate looked incredulous. I just gave her a reassuring nod and wink.

"If you see us at the concert, then walk over and we can talk, so long as you don't harrass anyone."

We walked away. "Jesus, I thought you were going to murder the poor boy, Kate."

Al laughed. "It was pretty awesome, if I do say so myself."

Kate let out a chuckle.

"What got you so riled up, Kate?" I asked.

She tensed. "Nothing. I just hope he never does it to anyone else, ever again."

It became silent. "Can you believe we're finally meeting them? I'm not prepared at all," I admitted.

Kate smiled. I mentally patted myself on the back for opening her up. When Kate puts up her walls, it's nearly impossible to bring them back down. But that Aussie band could do wonders.

I just wish they would open the arena so we could see them. I couldn't wait to lay my eyes on them again.

********

dedi to @missmikkah

ashley x