Chapter 1 | I'm Late!

this was first written in 2012 so i would appreciate it if u dont judge my carrotyness i was like -2 ok thx

Ashley POV

I took a sip of my smoothie as I walked down the sidewalk towards my apartment. I looked at my wristwatch and started walking a little bit faster because I didn't want to be late.

I jumped a little bit as my phone rang. I hadn't realized that I had turned my ringtone so loud. I took it out of my pocket and answered it. "Hello?"

"Hey," my best friend, Al, said. She sounded somewhat nonchalant but I could tell that she was trying to mask the fact that she was totally stressing out.

"Hey, what's up?" I replied, walking faster still.

"Well, I'm just freaking out here because you're going to be late, no biggie," she said coolly.

Al and I had won concert tickets to One Direction from KIIS FM. But more importantly, for us at least, we were going to see 5 Seconds of Summer.

We had obsessed over 5 Seconds of Summer since they had started. The band itself had been going for about four months when I found them. I was watching a video on YouTube - a compilation of funny moments of Ed Sheeran interviews - when I noticed that the ending sequence, where the maker of the video had put her credits up, had a nice cover playing in the background. The guy's voice sounded amazing. I wanted so badly to know who he was, so I looked everywhere on the web page until I found out that this mystery guy's name was Luke Hemmings.

So I set off immediately, searching his name in the search bar. I saw some videos that said, "Luke Hemmings cover," and some that said, "5 Seconds of Summer cover." I had no idea who 5 Seconds of Summer were, but I knew who Luke was, so I clicked on his covers. I watched all of them until I had none left to watch, then I decided to try this "5 Seconds of Summer" thing. Turned out that Luke was in a band - and they were really good.

I did more research and found that they were Australian and that there were two other band members: Michael Clifford (guitar and vocals) and Calum Hood (bass and vocals). But they were missing a drummer. So after a month or so of constantly checking their YouTube page, I saw a new cover by them: Teenage Dirtbag. And there was a new person in it. His name was Ashton and he was their new drummer.

I used to think that Luke and I were destined to be: he had a beatiful voice and serious talent, I saw him before I saw any of the others, he was really, really good-looking, etc. Then I saw Ashton and it all changed: his laugh, his dimples, his drumming, everything. I just loved him. I was so proud when I found them because, by the look of all the comments on their videos, I was the only American to know about them; everyone else was Australian. Some comments said, So proud to live in Sydney, or Melbourne, while others wished they would come to their city. I was just sitting there thinking, At least they live in your country, let alone near your city! 

I just needed them to be my little secret. I know, I was a bit selfish, right? So then after a few months, I told my friends at school, including Al. No one took much notice to them. I guess it's not a big deal if they're not famous, right? They must not be that good, right? So it didn't even matter that I had told them. All that stressing out for nothing.

Then it was announced that 5SOS would be going on tour with One Direction. Everything changed from then on. Sure I was freaking out because that meant that I would be seeing them on tour! They were finally coming to Los Angeles! Now they had fans, right? Wrong! So many of their fans were fake! All of the girls at school pretended that they had known about them all along, even my friends! It just irritated me so much. And all of my friends got tickets except for me. Because my parents thought I would be 'over them' by the time of the concert, which I wasn't. At all. But I realized that even though she hadn't paid much attention to them before, Al really did like them. And I knew that I could trust her with my fangirling. (That sounded really pathetic, but I couldn't fangirl with just anyone.)

As I was mulling over my memories, I entered Al's and my apartment, running up the stairs.

"I'm here!" I yelled.

"Finally!" she answered back.

When Al was little, her parents divorced. She moved near me with her mom and that's how we first got to know each other. Four years later, her mom died in a car accident where a drunk driver slammed into her. It was a stupid and pointless way for someone to die. It practically ruined Al. She couldn't find any trace of her dad, and later found out from her grandma that he had become a drug addict after the divorce. Her grandma lived too far away for her to move and they didn't have the money.

So, after much begging on both her part and mine, Al came and moved in with me.

"Let me take a quick shower," I said.

"No way! You take the longest showers ever!" she said.

"That's not true!"

She just nodded stubbornly.

"Fine then, let me just choose my clothes!" I said, frustratedly.

"I already did everything for you. All you need to do is change and get the passes. Then we'll go!" she said, equally as frustrated.

I sighed, "Thank you."

I quickly changed, put my shoes on, used the restroom, and brushed my hair. I then went into my bedroom and opened one of my drawers, taking out our passes. After that, I rushed downstairs.

"Have you got everything?" we asked each other at the same time.

"Yup," we, again, answered in unison.

"Okay, let's go," said Al.

We got in the car and I said, "I'm not ready for this."

Al just nodded.

**********

make sure you check out the video on the sidebar hearbreak girl is my favorite 5sos song so i thought i'd put it up.

ashley x

[UPDATE: shameless self-promotion here, but go ahead and read my new stories if you decide that you like this one. ilyasm]