Chapter 12 | Emotions

Jake POV

After Ashley had slapped Ashton and we had walked far away enough so that we were out of earshot, I couldn't help it. I broke out in laughter.

"That was brilliant!" Jodie said.

"Yeah, Ashley," Al said in a sort of awe. "I didn't know you had it in you."

This got Ashley blushing. After my laughter had subsided, I went up to Ashley and patted her back, congratulating her on her wonderful job. "I'm seriously impressed," I added.

"Impressed with what?" A familiar Aussie voice added.

We all turned around to see a short girl with black hair walking up to us.

"Who is this?" Jodie asked politely.

"Kate what are you still doing here?" Al asked alarmed.

"I was stalking 5 Seconds of Summer, duh!" Kate joked.

Ashley's mouth fell open. "It's been a few hours! You've been at the arena this whole time?"

"Did you expect any different from me?" Kate winked.

Ashley let out an almost silent "oh my god," then introduced everyone. "Kate this is Jodie and this is Jake. Guys, this is Kate."

I put my hand out to shake hers but that was before I realized who she was. My hand fell for a moment before I realized that my best bet was just to act nonchalantly.

Kate still recognized me, though. "You're that little ass who pinched Al's butt, aren't you?" she asked, with venom dripping from her voice.

"Yup," I said, "but I'm not like that anymore."

She looked appalled at my forwardness. I bet she expected me to cower like a little puppy.

I saw a little smirk appear on Ashley's face, as if she knew that all of this would happen.

Kate slowly turned around to face Ashley, with her eyes narrowed. She pointed her finger knowingly at Ashley in warning. "You had better be right," she accused, "otherwise  will personally  take care of him."

I didn't let any emotion show, rolling my eyes, which made even Al smirk. Jodie snorted quietly, which was especially amusing, since she didn't really know what was going on.

Kate then turned around, and pointed her finger directly at my face. "Three strikes and you're out."

Then she walked away leaving me standing there with some sort of bizzare admiration.

"Good for you, Jake," Ashley came up to me. "I didn't know you had it in you. I would have interrupted, but I knew you had to fight this for yourself."

I snorted. "Yeah, apparently you know everything." It wasn't meant to offend her, but it came out like that.

I was about to apologize but she cut me off with, "I know, don't worry."

****************

AND IIIIIII WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOUUUUUU

^ some mad whitney houston right there

dedi to @kimmynur bc she's awesome. she's my eleanor and i'm her louis haha

ashley x