Chapter 14 | Surprise

Ashley POV

"What the hell is going on here?" I demanded.

After Michael and Luke had pulled Ashton and Calum apart, I saw Calum looking at me apologetically and Ashton looking anywhere but at me.

To say I was surprised was an understatement.

I heard a soft, "Jesus..." from behind me and turned to see Jake looking at Ashton with wide eyes.

I gathered all the courage I could muster. "Why were you two fighting?" I asked firmly. I saw the confusion in Michael's and Luke's eyes and I knew they were just as baffled as the rest of us. I saw the anger slowly fading in Calum's eyes and being replaced with regret.

When Ashton finally turned his face and his eyes met mine, I could see a range of emotions swirling around in them; from anger and adrenaline, to confusion and regret, to shame and disappointment.

"Did you start thi-" I was cut off.

"No he didn't." Calum's voice drew my finger away from pointing at Ashton's face accusingly. "I did. I was sick of him treating people the way he did and this was the last straw."

I didn't see surprise on any of the other boys' faces so I knew that Calum was telling the truth.

I sighed in disappointment then walked up to Calum and Ashton to help them up, as they were still sitting on the ground. I helped Calum up first, not without smirking and whispering to him my compliments on his good punches. He apparently couldn't hide the smirk on his face, as well.

When I went to help up Ashton, I saw a new emotion in his eyes to add to the list: suspicion. He had a right to be suspicious, I supposed. We were talking about him a second ago.

I was about to scold them both severely (man I was like a mother; how was I a teenager, again? i didn't realize it at the time, but i didn't even know these boys and i was already bossing them around...and they were celebrities!), but I was interrupted by their manager walking into the dressing room. She was fairly young for a manager. She had on the normal pencil skirt and blouse with blazer, but her hair was drawn back in a tight ponytail and she had a severe expression. She had her phone held up to her face and she was currently preoccupied with it.

"Boys, what are you still doing here? Shouldn't you be-" She almost dropped her phone once she caught sight of the two bandmembers' scuffled and bruised beings. She let a loud gasp escape her lips before composing herself, once again.

"I don't know what happened here, but you will all," she pointedly looked at Michael and Luke, "make it your business to be unscathed and intact by the time of the next concert, which is in," she checked her phone again, "two days." She made sure to give a specific look to Calum. "No matter how much make-up that may entail."

Calum groaned, and their manager made sure to have a smirk on her face as she left the dressing room, re-absorbed with her phone, not before letting out a sweet, "Have a nice day," behind her.

I saw Al shake her head in admiration of the woman out of the corner of my eye. "Well she was pleasant."

I chuckled and sighed in mock adoration. "She is my new role model."

I saw Jodie smirk. "I completely agree. What - a - woman."

"You know, Jake," I said, "I think these boys need a complete makeover."

Jake smirked. "I couldn't agree more, Ashley."

"Yes, what a wonderful idea!" Al included. "But we know how popstars just can't stand stylists!"

"Oh, of course! Who doesn't know that?" I agreed. "We'll just have to do it ourselves."

"Luke. Michael. Would you care to help us?" Al asked sweetly.

The two boys exchanged looks. "Um, okay..." Luke said.

Ashton and Calum both looked like deer caught in headlights. "Now boys," I reassured, "don't worry. This will only hurt a little bit."

********

hey sexy people. you can go check out some shirts and such I've designed myself. and you can buy them if you want haha skreened.com/ashleyirwin or skreened.com/unconditionallove i would love you forever if you did ♡♡

dedi to @harrystyleslover120 bc i always smile while talking to her.

love you to the moon and back,

ashley x